Specialized
Marin
Fox
Turner
Ironhorse
Giant
Easton .............

I'm just sayin.....
A decade ago I learned about the mistreatment of Vietnamese workers at Nike factories. For a basketball player, that's like learning SRAM mistreats their workers.

I haven't bought another product of theirs since then, although I hear Nike is still in business.

The whole purpose of this thread was to get others to pay attention. This chain of boycotts can on and on, but I want others to at least make a conscious decision about where they will spend their money, not blissfully support a company which opposes their own beliefs.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Apple had a message right on their website against prop 8.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Why do we need gay marriage?

I live in SF Jr. and the rainbow flags are everywhere. Put your junk in all the poopholes ya want, but why flaunt it? Do I need a big vagina flag for my bike?

I am a liberal, but I am a Christian first.

Oh, and why did Apple change their logo if they're all about the gayness?

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
Why do you decide what other people need? Live and let live.

I live in SF Jr. and the rainbow flags are everywhere. Put your junk in all the poopholes ya want, but why flaunt it? Do I need a big vagina flag for my bike?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

How exactly does it affect your life if they get married? Please provide specific examples.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Why do you decide what other people need? Live and let live.
Which I do, but I think certain values should be adhered to.

I also believe that being gay is a choice and I know several homosexuals that believe the same thing. Usually starts with the weird uncle...

Beastiality, S&M, Two girls and a cup, etc. are all choices as well.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
:imstupid:Don't bring apple into this what did they do to you? Beside you cant stop someone from doing what they want, what if weed was the new gay. People would still smoke it, nothing is really going to stop them even though its illegal. People will do whatever they want regardless of what you think nor do they care because its what they want.

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Sodom and Gomorrah.
Sorry, make believe stories about the destruction of towns hundreds of years ago don't count as affecting your life.

In other words, you have no good reason, and just prefer to be a bigot and believe somehow that you are entitled to more civil rights than another human being.

Last edited:

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
The thing that makes me laugh my ass off is people that say "gay marriage threatens traditional marriages."

Yeah, right.

If you want to protect "traditional marriage" then I have an excellent suggestion: OUTLAW DIVORCE. Divorce is a much bigger threat to marriage. Without divorce, all marriages would remain in the sanctity of god. Right? Oh, and while we are at it, lets outlaw pre-marital sex.

Then you need to go down your list of conservative mouthpieces and see how many of them have had divorces.

Isn't it just easier to give everyone the same rights?

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
Yea, like my sister the heroin addict for the past 10 years. That's a lot of fun, and no one should tell her what to do!

You're a moron. STFU.
I don't recall saying let people do terrible things, I just said people are going to do what they want regardless if its the right thing to do or not., I never said you should let them do whatever they want. But for instance gay marriage is really none of your business, its marriage, its up to them to do whatever freaky sh!t they want to do.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Isn't it just easier to give everyone the same rights?
Of course, but the bigots will fight tooth and nail just due to their desperation to somehow feel superior. They have some very serious self-entitlement issues, despite a large percentage of them breaking one or more of the 10 commandments daily.

Remember, do as they say, not as they do.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Who said that?
gay marriage threatens traditional marriages

It's a no brainer to google that phrase and get all sort of interesting stuff from Harvard law review analysis and other places...

I like this quote myself,
"The biggest threat to marriage isn't same-sex couples; it's divorce"

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I like this quote myself,
"The biggest threat to marriage isn't same-sex couples; it's divorce"
Whoa, you mean you like the truth more than some made up catch phrase? :biggrin:

You're too crazy to be on the internets, what with all this common sense and stuff. :crazy:

Personally, I'd like to know what happenned to the quote below. You know, since gay marriage is so un-American that all of a sudden not everyone is entitled to the same rights. Bigots are amazing sometimes.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Last edited:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Unlikely as I lead my own life, not one led by a work of fiction.
Faith in a higher power has helped my through many, many tough times.

Obviously, I am not without sin, but I think it's very important to try to keep myself in check as I am not the center of the universe.

The hypocrisy of many organized religions is sad, and makes it easy for many to look down their noses at religion in general, but I know there will come a day that I will stand, and have to answer for my choices in life.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Faith in a higher power has helped my through many, many tough times.

Obviously, I am not without sin, but I think it's very important to try to keep myself in check as I am not the center of the universe.

The hypocrisy of many organized religions is sad, and makes it easy for many to look down their noses at religion in general, but I know there will come a day that I will stand, and have to answer for my choices in life.
See, now I have no problem with any of that. You are free to believe in ANYTHING you want, absolutely anything. If it helps you get along in life, that's great and more power to you.

When your beliefs start to infringe on the rights of others, taking away liberties that you yourself enjoy, there is a massive problem.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
gay marriage threatens traditional marriages

It's a no brainer to google that phrase and get all sort of interesting stuff from Harvard law review analysis and other places...
He introduced an argument, and then rallied against it. Made no sense to me, as no one here spoke on that nonsense.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Your too crazy to be on the internets, what with all this common sense and stuff. :crazy:

Personally, I'd like to know what happenned to the quote below. You know, since gay marriage is so un-American that all of a sudden not everyone is entitled to the same rights. Bigots are amazing sometimes.
I have an awful lot I may or may not say on the subject, considering that both of my parents were miserable closeted gays. Don't ask how I got born, sometimes I wonder. If being gay had been a choice for them they most certainly would not have been the miserable messes they were, if they'd had the chance to live a congruent life ( where the inside matches the outside).

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
It always amazes me how so many individuals hide their insecurities behind religious principles.

The " effect " gay marriage has on non-gays is simply fear. It makes a lot of straight people uncomfortable and that can cause them to do some strange things, like meddling in someone else's affairs.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
When your beliefs start to infringe on the rights of others, taking away liberties that you yourself enjoy, there is a massive problem.
I know it's a thin line to walk, so I learned to ride skinnys.

:think:

I'm tired, and don't want to publicize my beliefs anymore tonight.

:cheers:

I still get my jersey DD? :biggrin:

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
I still get my jersey DD? :biggrin:
Yes but I have to say I'm surprised that the guy who rabidly defended the dumbass internet pot grower from getting e-busted by Manimal would turn out to be anti-gay marriage.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well, I believe it and unbridaled sexual deviance does not lead to a better society IMO.
Haven't you been married like 5-6 times? How does your complete disregard for the "sanctity" of marriage lead to a better society?