Quantcast

Bradycardia

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Anyone here been diagnosed with it or know someone with it?

I had some issues with it during my COVID fun. Thankfully just temporary it seems, but I'm still dealing with some post COVID issues.

I've always ridden with a heart strap, but I bought a Fitbit Charge 5 after my scare so it can monitor (records every 5 mins) my HR 24/7 and even has an ECG function. I turned off all the smart notification BS.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What's your guy's resting heart rates or how did they diagnose it?

Posting this because when I was in the hospital, on two occasions when the staff took my vitals they asked if my heart rate was always like that. Just said I have no clue. Been measuring it at home and it's always ~41min. My reading on the webz says that's low? And I've been feeling exhausted for a while now and sometimes short of breath just getting dressed or other basic things, which is frustrating.

Just something I might need to bring up to the doc I'm seeing about the brain stuff.

Maybe I'm just reading too much.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
True, maybe I should look into that, at least to record it like what @6thElement does. Then at least I have something to show the doctor too.
I was battling COVID at the time, so my resting was mid-60's at best. When I kept passing out it was dropping into the mid-30's.

After getting home and getting the Charge 5 I was able to watch my resting HR take ~5 weeks to drop back down to low 50's. Which is what I'd thought my resting HR was, but I'd never measured it to this extent before, 53 as I sit and type this.

41 would be elite athlete territory normally in my mind.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Not that but I have atrial tachycardia.

sometimes my heart rate goes to 180 for half a minutes or so, then drops back to 60 in one step. I have a prescription for a 24 he monitor. Need to get that checked.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Not that but I have atrial tachycardia.

sometimes my heart rate goes to 180 for half a minutes or so, then drops back to 60 in one step. I have a prescription for a 24 he monitor. Need to get that checked.
That does not sound ideal.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I used to but it turned out to be a case of veganism combined with riding bikes too much (totally serious). I would wake up with a heart rate in the 40s

Now I'm just anemic so normal heart rate but with all thefun parts of bradycardia.

two-one

Monkey
Dec 15, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
I used to have a heartrate like that when I was a bike messenger. At some point I fell and broke my wrist (ouch), they gave me some sedative in the ambulance, and when they hooked my up to the heartrate monitor alarms were going off.

I heard of then-collegues that hit the 30's, but they were triathletes, and that's a while different kind of crazy.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I was obese with a resting HR in the low 40s, nothing wrong with me at the time.
At peak fitness many many years ago I was down to 32 which was fine but I had to stand up slowly or I'd lose vision/balance and fall over.
I still have a ref to get a heart scan as my fam has a history of shit hearts and my O2 has occasionally dropped below 90% whilst awake which is weird.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yo canadmos: get thyself a referral to an endocrinologist. TSH, T4, T3, free T4 tests are in order for you. Might play into your intracranial hypertension maladies, too.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I am a candidate for Watchmen. I have an appointment on the 6th to proceed. They have me scheduled for a bunch of tests. Lots of jabbing and stabbing I suspect. The Hospital food at PRMC is pretty awesome. So are the nurses and staff. I like it there. The amenities are awesome. Like a hotel. I hung out in Ocean City for a week before hand.

Last edited: