Quantcast

Brain-to-mouth filter needed

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
OK, I work in a bike shop. So I'm ringing up a customer who is buying a helmet, bike shorts, and a pair of sunglasses. I scan the helmet, scan the shorts, then my co-worker reminds me the shorts are on sale, so I stop and change the price. When I scan the sunglasses, I forget that the cursor is still on the bike shorts line item, so with a BEEP! the shorts are deleted and the sunglasses are added. I blink and try to figure out why the item disappeared from the order, when it suddenly occurs to me, and I blurt out, "Oh, sorry. I just removed your shorts..." I freeze, realizing what I've just said. He and my co-worker try to supress their laughter. "So to speak... Umm... I'll need to re-scan them," I say, my eyes bulging and my face reddening as the customer laughs, and politely jokes with me. I shake my head. Why do I always manage to come out with these things??

So I go to put the items into a bag when I realize that he might want to wear the sunglasses out of the store, so I ask him, "Do you want to just wear these?" "Sure," he replies. I notice the tag hanging off the sunglasses and offer, "Here, let me cut your little thing off..." PAUSE :eek: "... so to speak. I can't believe I did it again..." I can only sigh and shake my head at this point.

While I have been known to come out with some pretty good ones, I don't remember coming out with two "infamous quotes" back-to-back like that.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Good one. Anyway, its funny when a girl (you are a girl, right?) says something inappropriate. Most guys have the disgusting filter turned on except with their buddies....

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
sunny said:
OK, I work in a bike shop. So I'm ringing up a customer who is buying a helmet, bike shorts, and a pair of sunglasses. I scan the helmet, scan the shorts, then my co-worker reminds me the shorts are on sale, so I stop and change the price. When I scan the sunglasses, I forget that the cursor is still on the bike shorts line item, so with a BEEP! the shorts are deleted and the sunglasses are added. I blink and try to figure out why the item disappeared from the order, when it suddenly occurs to me, and I blurt out, "Oh, sorry. I just removed your shorts..." I freeze, realizing what I've just said. He and my co-worker try to supress their laughter. "So to speak... Umm... I'll need to re-scan them," I say, my eyes bulging and my face reddening as the customer laughs, and politely jokes with me. I shake my head. Why do I always manage to come out with these things??

So I go to put the items into a bag when I realize that he might want to wear the sunglasses out of the store, so I ask him, "Do you want to just wear these?" "Sure," he replies. I notice the tag hanging off the sunglasses and offer, "Here, let me cut your little thing off..." PAUSE :eek: "... so to speak. I can't believe I did it again..." I can only sigh and shake my head at this point.

While I have been known to come out with some pretty good ones, I don't remember coming out with two "infamous quotes" back-to-back like that.
what shop are you at...I think I have seen you....not to many girls working in shops in San Diego...D

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I have one joke which I only make to male customers: when they go into the changing room, I tell them to turn on the camera when they get in there...

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Twice, working at a shop, I mistook a woman for a man. Once I had been working nonstop for like 10 hours and I just said "sir" by accident...it was wierd, but not too bad. The other time, she definitely looked like a dude. I said something that indicated I thought she was a dude (prob "I can ring you up right here, sir") and then, upon closer inspection, I realized I was wrong. But we both knew from my second of hesitation that I genuinely thought she was a he. She looked around and said "I assume you are talking to me." (covers face with hand)...aaawkward.....

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
sanjuro said:
I have one joke which I only make to male customers: when they go into the changing room, I tell them to turn on the camera when they get in there...
I like this idea. :evil: ;)