Quantcast

brake adapter for 888

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
The 40 I have takes a 6" front mount (20D) to mount to a 8" rotor. The rear mount must have been close enough.

And your going to a 888 after riding a 40?!

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
In a van down by the river
The 40 I have takes a 6" front mount (20D) to mount to a 8" rotor. The rear mount must have been close enough.

And your going to a 888 after riding a 40?!
i got sponsored by marzocchi this year and wanted something new...plus i got it cheap.
i wasnt too impressed by the 40 even w/ the dual rate springs in it.
i usually by a new fork every year or so

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
i got sponsored by marzocchi this year and wanted something new...plus i got it cheap.
i wasnt too impressed by the 40 even w/ the dual rate springs in it.
i usually by a new fork every year or so
Didn't you just rant to Bunkers that you loved the 40? (or did you do that so you could sell it to him?!) Priming the pump, eh! HAHA! :imstupid:

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
nah i never said i loved it..ive always said it was okay from the day i got it. ive always been pretty particular about the fork i use, and the 40 just wasnt up to what i was expecting from it...still a good fork though

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
steve why didn't you get the sl ata?
cause i dont like the feel of air forks and i dont need to adjust the travel of it. it was b/w the rc3 and the RC3 WC, but the price difference isnt worth it in my eyes.
the only possible benefit i see of the ATA is the nickel coated stanchions, but i dont think that would make a huge difference.
and its called the ATA WC now, not SL ATA