Quantcast

Brake Pads

SthFRider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2008
Atlanta,Ga
Its about time to replace my avid codes brake pads. I've been looking around and have found some different options. I have found metal scintered, organic aluminum back plate, organic steel back plate. Are the organic pads better than the scintered? Any company better than others? Any recommendations? This is the first time i have changed the pads on my codes so im learning. Any info on the matter would be great. Cheers

S

seespotendo

I'm also interested. please somebody share some wisdom.

RaID

Turbo Monkey
Im running goodridge sintered pads in both my 06 Saints and Juicy 5.
They are a significant upgrade on the stock brake pads in those brakes. As far as I am concerned I want all my brakes in the future to run these pads. There is an increased power and modulation allowing you to control the applied braking power more precisely.

Highly recommended.

mellow_sparky

Monkey
Aug 21, 2009
Washington State
Organic will make less noise than sintered - however sintered won't fade with heat or when wet. sintered will also last longer. basically, i'd go with sintered unless you have noise problems.

as for the backing plate - go with whatever. aluminum is lighter, tends to pull heat away from the rotor better and is also more expensive.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Same here - very happy with sinthered goodridge. I think even more than with EBC's