Quantcast

brake suggestion

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
LOL!!!! Ya got to love the irony of it all....no one seems to take stock in calling the manufacturer.....

Logic is an area that seems to be so elusive as well....

1. If said brakes, suited your purpose, and they in fact did not fail, nd you liked the way worked....why is their a debate? It failed for me and numerous others....fact. To get into the logistics, or even teaching basic statistics is simply illogical......common sense people, common sense......employment of which would benifit greatly.

It is OK, to have an opposing point of view based on fact, facts derived from personal experiences and input from others one is familiar with, and trust. Your experiences netted you a different outcome.....I have been saying that over and over...I beleive the debate is the issue. The relevant issue is in re the brakes, Juicy Seven's.

Facts were stated, opinions were expressed. Why the chill comment? Someone got technical information was given, debated, and the rebuttal was not substantiated...no worries, whatever....

So, to REPEAT what I said. Now listen....don't just here it, but actually listen....

If the Juicy Seven's worked for you without issue...awesome, glad it worked out. It however did not for me, and numerous other indivisuals varying in degrees of riding, from pro's, to hardly can make it down the mountain alive or without any style (me :D ).

So, have a great weekend, ride hard, ride well, ride safe, have fun.

Have a nice day. :)
I said chill because you wrote in all caps about something I don't even care about (Avid's recommendations). You seem agitated about this (well, I suppose I would be too if I had to send my brakes in multiple times).

You seemed to be getting very worked up over this from the start. You made a few general comments that seemed to contradict my experience and that of other people: "you will be unhappy when you keep having issues instead of riding...," "Codes are the ONLY way to go," "Even SRAM says they suck for DH..." There's no room here for anyone's experience but yours. Effectively, you are telling me that my experience is wrong by making such general statements.

I still haven't heard why, if Avid's recommendation is so important, they classify one brake in one way and a virtually identical one in another. There's no "irony" here- Avid can shove their recommendations because I don't believe them and they seem to have been given arbitrarily.

Now you are talking down to me like I'm some kind of idiot. I read everything you wrote carefully and responded with my personal experience. I hope you're aware that adding a "have a great weekend" or "cheers" to your posts doesn't make you any less condescending.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Now you are talking down to me like I'm some kind of idiot. I read everything you wrote carefully and responded with my personal experience. I hope you're aware that adding a "have a great weekend" or "cheers" to your posts doesn't make you any less condescending.
And those issues, my dear friend, are solely yours....

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I'm planning to upgrade(?) my Hayes HFX-9 with either the Juicy 5 or Juicy 7. They seem to be popular even though they aren't supposed to be for DH. I'm looking to save a little weight and get a more powerful, better feeling brake in the process. Is the juicy 5/7 a good choice?

I weigh 240 and run the Juicy seven's. they work great, and last. The rotors can have a tendancy to be a bit noisy though.

P.S. they have also lasted through multiple crashes. Only damage was to the adjuster knob. but thats all