Quantcast

Brake Therapy Floating Brake Review

OMFG! Brian at Therapy Components built this floating brake kit up for my Ojiki and it was worth EVERY penny! Got a Hugi FR 10mm thru axle rear hub laced to a Mavic rim, and the floating arm for $610 shipped Priority Mail. WORTH IT!

My Ojiki suffered noticeable brake jack...especially on a high-speed straight where hitting the rear brake would cause the rear to start skittering around. Not good. This kit transformed the bike completely. There is no effect on the suspension from braking at all now. I was able to brake later at high speeds and also able to brake more effectively in choppy sections now that the rear end is totally active while braking.

Brian is tops in customer service as well. I gave him two measurements as he'd never done one for an Ojiki and he had the various parts in stock. When the seatpost clamp was the wrong size (I screwed up the measurement) he sent me a new one ASAP at no charge. The quality is top notch, and the machining spot on.

BIG :thumb:

Got some pics, too.

gearwhine

Chimp
Jul 9, 2005
the gold swivel ends on the rod...aka rod end or heim joint..........what word(s) are imprinted on it?

To me they look like the cheap brand of rod ends, but I could be mistaken. If they are, I would buy a higher quality rod end. They are cheap in that size even for the highest quality. I've had numerous experiences, and have seen many cheap ones break for almost no reason at all. Not on bikes though...on go-kart/buggy type deals.

just don't want you to be hanging without your brake working if one were to break. _nicko_

Why cheaper? It still has the same single pivot design necessitating a floating brake kit. I looked at the Komicho, but at the time it wasn't on sale when I bought mine. The other thing is...it's the same line (Yakuza), but the Komicho has slacker angles. I wanted something that would have a little more nimble steering. After buying the brake kit and fork, what I COULD have gotten is a 7.5...dammit. Oh, well. I'm very, very happy with what I have overall now, and it's the only one I've seen so far. Seen plenty of Seven Series.

philsthrills

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
York, PA
"Why cheaper? It still has the same single pivot design necessitating a floating brake kit."

The Komicho comes stock with the floating brake kit for that price. That is a killer deal.