Quantcast

brakes question - NOT ANOTHER HOPE/HAYES DEBATE

Yanick

Chimp
Sep 11, 2001
Laval, Qc.
Hi boys & girls,

Just need advice on a rotor installation.

I have 2 set of wheels for different usage, one for MTB, one for cummuting with veryt slim slick.

Unfortunately, on the rear, one hub is slightly larger than the other one. If I don't whant to adjust the brake caliper everytime I switch the wheel (2-4 times a weeks), might I consider putting 6 thin, very thin, spacers between the hub and the rotor on one wheel, the MTB one actually.

Does anyone already did that? I'm just wondering about vibration problem than could now happen, or who knows what...

thanks for your help.

Yanick

Chimp
Sep 11, 2001
Laval, Qc.
at least I got one or two valuable answer, thanks!

Luc, did you succeed bleeding your brake finnaly, or have you had someone else to do it ?

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Move the axle apacers around to get it ti where you want it. What is the thickness of the shims? If you only need 1 super thin shim on each rotor bolt, the adjustment may be as easy as just tughtening down the locknuts on the axle.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
if your bothered about there being any misalginment from using seperate spacers for each bolt you may want to look into these, rotor spacers there avalible from hope not sure on price or what thickness's they do but this one is 1mm.

Attachments

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Originally posted by Yanick
at least I got one or two valuable answer, thanks!

Luc, did you succeed bleeding your brake finnaly, or have you had someone else to do it ?
I had the same problem when I was commuting, I solve the problem by putting a thin washer between the swingarm and the hub, that moved the caliper just enough to get proper alignment.