Quantcast

Brand NEW Intense Bike

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Originally posted by Brian Peterson
Z-
I am afraid for 2 reasons....

1) You have FSR tatooed on your ass....

2) What that might mean....

Brian
Ummmm.....:rolleyes:
Just trying to keep things funny. I'm coming off like such a horst link whore out of this thread I figured I might as well have a good sense of humor about it:D

Alright, I'm done Hijacking this thread, I swear!

Camo rules!

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
FSR's aren't flexy for big guys. I am 230 with no gear on and my 02 M1 with a 12mm TA rear is stiff. Not much side to side flex either. I know I am not the biggest guy to ever ride a M1 or FSR 4-bar bike. It's just a proven design.

Now on that new Intense. I don't like the frame all that much, too much exactly like a Santa Cruz. It's just the VPP bandwagon. For how long was Santa Cruz the only bike with VPP? Now santa cruz and Intense do it. There's still so many other compaines doing some sort of 4-bar, single pivot etc... that isn't VPP and probably won't be.

As I found out Intense does some funny things to keep their bikes high on the market (i.e. makes their own bolts and such) so go figure their frames are a premium. Hopefully they don't charge more for the camo color.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Originally posted by Spunger
Now on that new Intense. I don't like the frame all that much, too much exactly like a Santa Cruz. It's just the VPP bandwagon. For how long was Santa Cruz the only bike with VPP? Now santa cruz and Intense do it. There's still so many other compaines doing some sort of 4-bar, single pivot etc... that isn't VPP and probably won't be.

As I found out Intense does some funny things to keep their bikes high on the market (i.e. makes their own bolts and such) so go figure their frames are a premium. Hopefully they don't charge more for the camo color.
i always considered FSRs to be the benchmark bandwagon.

As for making their own bolts, well sometimes you cant design stuff around whats available at the hardware store, although he could of maybe used custom axles with common bolts; it would cost the same price to initially manufacture, but replacement costs would be lower since its a standard bolt your bound to screw up.

You'll notice on cheaper mass produced stuff, there is no off the shelf stuff and its still a bit pricey to replace, but theres a higher volume being used so it can be made cheaper.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Spunger
FSR's aren't flexy for big guys. I am 230 with no gear on and my 02 M1 with a 12mm TA rear is stiff. Not much side to side flex either.

"side to side" is the same thing as lateral flex and is the property most people are refering to when discussing rear end stiffness.

Except for Zark. It sounds like with his taste in tatoos, "rear end stiffness" may mean something else.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Originally posted by kidwoo
Except for Zark. It sounds like with his taste in tatoos, "rear end stiffness" may mean something else.
Alright you fat little midget, enough with this:D

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Hey Zark, can i join the bandwaggon?

Buy XT/Hayes/FSR with Goodridge... heheh

Funny thing, a salesman tried to convience me that a Scott Octane single pivot was a better buy than my SX....go figure...

Cammo RULES.

BTW. I can make dreams with an airbrush ;)

vpsaline

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
zedro said:
Demo isnt the same design really, the Titus has a pretty long chainstay...thought the M1 was 8"...how long are the chainstays?

because the only reason the BigHit has a 24" wheel is because they need the clearance with those short chainstays.
zedro said:
mainly the reason i said that was some frame designers pointed out the FSRs arent really optimized for really long travel.

What about the 2006 Norco Team DH @235mm/9.3" ??? :rofl:

vpsaline

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
zedro said:
Demo isnt the same design really, the Titus has a pretty long chainstay...thought the M1 was 8"...how long are the chainstays?

because the only reason the BigHit has a 24" wheel is because they need the clearance with those short chainstays.
zedro said:
mainly the reason i said that was some frame designers pointed out the FSRs arent really optimized for really long travel.

What about the Muddy Fox HUCK? (254mm-280mm) 10 - 11" :rofl: