Quantcast

brazilian churrasco

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
my brother's wife worked in brazil for a while, and brought back a love for certain things brazilian...one of which matt latched onto was the method they use for barbecuing. he threw a big BBQ party on saturday, and much meat was eaten:

ribs (the best meat of the night)

mark, tending the grill

linguica

the men, putting dead animal parts over fire.

more ribs, bacon-wrapped chicken, linguica, and sirloin:

:drool:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What no chicken hearts?

Churrasco is good stuff but I spent most of my time in Brazil eating the seemingly abundant prosciuto and fresh mozzarella not to mention drunk off my ass from those damn rum drinks. Anyone who thinks Americans drink cheap beer hasn't had any of that crap Antarctica.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
You have called my name!

Far away, back in the Race Sponsorship days of my youth, I grilled a tiny portion of Churrascu at Big Bear and Mammoth.

If you can ever find a butcher who's amenable to cutting whatever you ask, try to teach him/her to cut the Picanha (pick-ahn-yeh) which is the top cap of the top sirloin. It looks like a Tri-Tip but is much more tender - almost like the tenderloin - but tastier...

....ah, youth...

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
there are a few churrascurias around here (DC).

I go, even though I am veg, because I can manage to find something to eat there...........

but I get kinda tired of saying no to the wandering meat waiters.

I am pretty sure y'all would love it.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
narlus said:
seriously, have you never had a sausage that didn't come from a cardboard box in the freezer, patty-style?
We have a german friend who hooked us up with some authentic German sausages once. They were damn tasty. But I will admit most of the sausage I have (which is rare) are of the Costco variety.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Nobody said:
If you can ever find a butcher who's amenable to cutting whatever you ask, try to teach him/her to cut the Picanha (pick-ahn-yeh) which is the top cap of the top sirloin. It looks like a Tri-Tip but is much more tender - almost like the tenderloin - but tastier...
we did have the picanha, complete w/ fat cap, but the pic came out kinda blurry for some reason, and you can only see the fat cap the way the meat's rotated.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
caipirihnas were served, no grilled corn. :D

yeah, matt did it up right. he's got a sweet 2nd home at the cape (note to youngsters - careers like investment banking and commodity brokerage are very lucrative).