Quantcast

Bread

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I was going to suggest this as well. The master recipe in that book is FABULOUS! And it's no knead which I love. I have a kitchen aid but prefer to knead by hand. Since that takes an obscene ammount of time, no knead recipes are always welcome.

HOWEVER do not think that the recipes in that book only take five minutes. That is after prep time and before baking time.

Making bread is an act of patience. It is also one of the most rewardning things in the world. I still remember my first loaf of sandwich bread that I baked. It is an absolute miracle.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
What is kneading? Just mushing it around? Too lazy to google.

Kitchen aid is just another thing to be cleaned so I probably wouldn't use it.

Now I'm assuming it's basically flour, water, salt, baking soda|powder? and yeast?
You are too lazy to do a lot except complain. Since you ordered the book how about you don't make assumptions and just read the book when you get it.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
A) Knuck, man up and make some bread by hand. Or, order a $40 breadmaker and go nuts. It doesn't get easier than dumping flour, water, salt, and yeast into a bucket and waiting 4 hours.

B) I'm a WHORE for good bread. One of the few things I'll miss about Utah when I leave is the best bread I've ever had. Better than anything I've found in the Bay (and I worked Farmers Markets in the SF Bay). If you ever see this logo or name:

BUY IMMEDIATELY. I dunno, maybe it has something to do with being baked at high elevation...but it's spectacularly tasty.

That said, my Europe move might change my perception on awesome bread.