Quantcast

Break-in at Tiger Mtn 4/23

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Hi everyone...

I'm writing to let you know that my car was broken into at the Tiger Mtn Summit trailhead today (Sunday 4/23) and all sorts of important things were stolen. Just an FYI and reminder to be extremely careful about what you leave in your car at Tiger.

If you were at Tiger today, and you noticed anyone suspiciously breaking into an SUV (don't want to be too specific online), please PM me right away. We're looking for 3 people who were driving an older black truck (a male in his 20's, a female in her 20's, and a female in her 30's or 40's). This took place between 1:30 PM and 4:00 PM. These people are now wanted for credit card fraud and possibly identity theft.

If you could pass this on to anyone that you know that rode at Tiger today, I would truly appreciate it.

Watch out for these jerks that can ruin a great day of mountain biking!

mtbforlife

Chimp
Mar 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
I feel for your loss. I hope everything works out and hope the people that did that get what is coming to them. I would like to now how the trails are at Tiger.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
It's too bad you didn't already know that Tiger is one of the worst places for crackhead break-ins. The subject comes up here, on mtbr, on the BBTC list, and other places and people always want to hide in the bushes and go vigilante on them but I have not heard that happen yet.

Hope you catch 'em.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
wow i didnt know there were lots of break-ins at tiger.... hope you can catch them

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Sorry to hear that. Man, there's so much traffic at Tiger I'm surprised they had the guts to do that.

I did Preston on opening day, the trails were in great shape even though they were a bit muddy. Just take a good change of clothing and you'll be set.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Yeah, it was on the weekend and there were a ton of cars going in and out all day. We thought we were safe.

Its been a year now, and the cops never caught the a-holes. We even got them on surveillance using my credit card at Target, but the cops said they couldn't match the faces to names.

More than anything it was a complete PITA, but most of the money was refunded through the bank and reimbursed through HO insurance. I had to pay for my busted lock since it was the same amt as my deductable,$250. We would love to hide in the bushes and find these guys. Please be careful when you go there. People have lots of nerve.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
When I go I make sure my car is completly empty and leave the doors unlocked. I mean if they are going to get in, I'd like them to cause the least amount of damage to my car.

Our house was broken into two weeks ago Thursday and they stole one of my paycheck stubs and started writing fraud checks on my checking and saving accounts. Waiting to hear from the credit companies if they have assumed my identity NICE!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
When I go I make sure my car is completly empty and leave the doors unlocked. I mean if they are going to get in, I'd like them to cause the least amount of damage to my car.
i'm afraid that some old bum would take a piss on the floor of my car if i left it open :homer:
Our house was broken into two weeks ago Thursday and they stole one of my paycheck stubs and started writing fraud checks on my checking and saving accounts. Waiting to hear from the credit companies if they have assumed my identity NICE!
that's awful...