Quantcast

Break your neck riding? Better check your credit score before heading to the doc!

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
http://redtape.msnbc.com/2008/01/the-doctor-wi-1.html#posts

Several published reports have described Healthcare Analytics product as a MedFICO score, computed in a way that would be familiar to those who've used credit scores.
Hopefully I'm not late to the party here but I think this is going to take our (already failing) healthcare system and turn it into something even worse.

I mean any number of things could mess up a person's MedFICO score - and what would that mean? Doctors could deny potential new patients, hospitals could cut stays short or give lousy treatment...the list could go on and on. And the same geniuses that came up with our wonderful credit scoring system are behind this. :crazy:

Also, the jackass CEO at Healthcare Analytics claims that the hospital will only see your score AFTER you're treated.....rrrrriiiiiiiiigggghhhhhtttt.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Fair enough. I want full access to every dr.'s case records so that I know if I'm getting a good one or a butcher.

I'd make that trade. It'll never happen though, because the AMA protects bad doctors like the Catholic Church protects kiddy fiddlers...

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
Well shouldent doctors be able to tell who will be able to pay and who cant? [I mean private doctors, not like ER ones.] It is their source of income after all...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So the Hippocratic oath becomes the Hypocritic oath...

For once I agree with Silver. Before you cut into my good credit a$$, show me your records and your malpractice coverage.