Quantcast

Breakfast like a king

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i read this line somewhere on RM: breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a pauper.

is that a good idea for someone who generally eats really late (home from class after 8, sometimes as late as 10:30)? as it is now, i get home and am starving, so i chow down. i realize that's not good, but it's that, or spend more money for food on campus.

and what does a good "dinner like a pauper" consist of? a minimal amount of food? like bowl of cereal small, or a smoothie?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
just a better eating habit. i don't like the fact that i get home late and am starving. i could take food with me on campus, but i don't really know what i could take that would be small, and readily eat-able.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
the Inbred said:
just a better eating habit. i don't like the fact that i get home late and am starving. i could take food with me on campus, but i don't really know what i could take that would be small, and readily eat-able.

every thursday i have class from 3 to nine. i take a lunch box with me every week with yogurt, sandwhiches, apples, bananas, chips and salsa, tomatoes and cottages cheese, hummus and chopped up veggies, cold pasta salads. you get the picture. anything that is relatively portable and requires no heating up. it helps that i have an unhealthy obsession with tupperware, that makes almost anything portable. i snack on this throughout the evening and just dont have a "real" sit down dinner. it works well for me. if i eat a meal beofre i go to bed, i have trouble sleeping, and it gives me heart burn. yech.