Quantcast

Breakfast thread

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
I Are Baboon said:
a protein shake, vitamins, coffee, and in a minute a bowl of oatmeal. "Real" oatmeal...none of that instant crap.
Funny you should mention that...

I used to HATE oatmeal. Until Beth showed me that actual oatmeal is entirely different from that instant crap.

Now it's a morning staple.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
robdamanii said:

I used to HATE oatmeal. Until Beth showed me that actual oatmeal is entirely different from that instant crap.

Wifey makes me this. It's like $8 for a can.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
robdamanii said:

I eat dry instant oatmeal straight from the little envelopes.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i was super hungry this morning.

1st breakfast cheese toast and a cup of coffee
2nd breakfast bob's red mill 8 grain breakfast cereal with 3 scrambled egg whites and some sugar snap peas and some coffee
3rd breakfast wasa cracker with cream cheese and a banana 2 cups of green tea.
now i'm full

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
bluebug32 said:
Is this any good? What does it taste like?
it's quite good. i'm not an oatmeal snob and i prefer the instant kind because at 5:30am every minute is precious.

the kashi is much creamier and less sweet (brown sugar) than the quaker instant oats that used to be my staple. i'd say it is close in taste to the non-instant oats. it also has more dietary fiber which is why it's the new fave (<==high cholesterol).

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
corey_dcstreet said:
it's quite good. i'm not an oatmeal snob and i prefer the instant kind because at 5:30am every minute is precious.

the kashi is much creamier and less sweet (brown sugar) than the quaker instant oats that used to be my staple. i'd say it is close in taste to the non-instant oats. it also has more dietary fiber which is why it's the new fave (<==high cholesterol).
Thanks. I'll have to give it a try. I eat oatmeal every morning and it has to be the real stuff and unsweetened.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
I woke up at noon, with a headache, so no breakfast for me. But, I did have half an Asiago roast beef sandwich and chicken noodle soup in a bread bowl from Panera for lunch. :drool:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
bluebug32 said:
What do they say about caffeine when you're pregnant? Is it ok?
Yeah...it's ok again to have caffeine. For a time it was fine then it was bad and now it's fine again. They do recommend that you drink it in moderation (I doubt my Dr.s would like me to have a lot everyday).

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
TreeSaw said:
:stupid: Tasty sandwiches and the soup in a bread bowl is awesome :thumb:
:thumb: I have lots of friends who work there so I always get extra meat, soup, bread, discounts, etc. It rocks!