Quantcast

"Breaking Bad" Thread

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Gus is ice cold, the man never loses it the entire time. He's brilliant. It's a combination of the actor and character. It's a perfect fit.

I still haven't watched Dexter. It's next now that I got through this.
Started watching Dexter, but got kinda bored about half way thru season 1. Might try it again, but I didn't feel it was in the same class as Breaking Bad.

Now that BrBa is over for a while, I'm going to commit to Mad Men.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Started watching Dexter, but got kinda bored about half way thru season 1. Might try it again, but I didn't feel it was in the same class as Breaking Bad.
it gets much better throughout the first season and the later season. particularly the season with John Lithgow.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Gus was the best villain of any show I've ever seen. I wish he were able to make it into season 5.

I think that Walt will end up taking Gus' place.
My prediction is that Gus will be back... in flashbacks. The cartel couldn't kill Gus because he was someone special in Chile remember... "the only reason you are still alive is because we know who you are". His friends or family in Chile have got to be some serious dudes if the cartel is afraid of them.

Anyway, Walt and Jesse didn't know that when they blew his face off. I think that some Chilean badasses are going to come looking for the guys that killed Gus. But in order to explain that they are going to need to flash way back in Gus' life.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Now that BrBa is over for a while, I'm going to commit to Mad Men.
I couldn't get into Mad Men. I watched the first episode of Dexter last night. Seems interesting, I think I will watch another tonight. Interesting concept, that's for sure.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I started watching it a month ago, watched a season a week an have love every bit of it, well, except the mid air incident that was a bit silly but it ended up adding a good twist.

Is it in season five now?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I only got to watch the first 20 minutes last night, I will watch the rest tonight. Heisenberg is bad ass.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
If you want something good to watch, it's worth it. Plus, I always enjoy it more renting the seasons and not having to wait to watch. The other show I've been stoked on is Suits on USA.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I regularly eat lunch at "Breaking Bad" Mike's fav restaurant, Loyola's Family Resturant.

I highly recommend it for a great family owned New Mexican diner experience. Their green & red chile dishes are delicious!

Near this location is also Walt's apt & Jessie's old duplex. It's also near-ish to Vamanos Pest Control and the garage where Walt sold his Aztek in the last episode.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
I regularly eat lunch at "Breaking Bad" Mike's fav restaurant, Loyola's Family Resturant.

I highly recommend it for a great family owned New Mexican diner experience. Their green & red chile dishes are delicious!

Near this location is also Walt's apt & Jessie's old duplex. It's also near-ish to Vamanos Pest Control and the garage where Walt sold his Aztek in the last episode.
Looks delicious, but not worth living in ABQ.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
Love it!

One more episode until a "break". Anyone know when it restarts again. After the beginning of the year.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Summer 2013. If I'd known it was going to be that far out I would have waited longer to start the series so that I could watch it all straight through.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
am i some sort of Skrdshtls wanna be since i've never seen an episode of this show, Mad Men, Lost, The Wire, and countless others?
Yeah... wanna be 'cause I've seen all of Breaking Bad that Netflix has. Oh, and all of Mad Men too. TV is actually quite tolerable without commercials. :D

Of course, with back surgery, I've had some time on my hands as of late...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
boy has he changed....for the better!

the character they killed off was inevitable IMO, though it sucks to see him/her go
When he pickd up th hat in the Aztec, I knew it was on. Man this season is getting better and better. My son had only seen the first episode of the new season, so we did a mini marathon leading up to Sundays episode.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
like madmen, i was really ok walking away from this a couple seasons ago. but after reading this thread, i now conclude you people suck.

fvcking AMC tractor beam...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
When he pickd up th hat in the Aztec, I knew it was on. Man this season is getting better and better. My son had only seen the first episode of the new season, so we did a mini marathon leading up to Sundays episode.
yeah i figured things were going to change but didnt think hed turn into a heartless king pin so fast. especially with skylar

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Here's an interesting analysis of how Walter White and Walt Whitman are connected. What's especially interesting is the person who penned the analysis did so a couple weeks before last night's episode aired:

http://acrossthemargin.com/walter-white-vs-walt-whitman/

..And recently, in the episode entitled ‘Hazard Pay’ we find Walt unpacking in his bedroom as he is moving back home3. While shifting things around, he comes upon Walt Whitman’s legendary collection of poems, the aforementioned ‘Leaves of Grass’. He smiles briefly and leaves it out to read later4. One may contend this is merely a simple encounter with a favorite book….I, however, see this moment as symbolism of the highest order, a sign of what is to come.

Last edited: