Quantcast

"Breaking Bad" Thread

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Phhitt, lame ending. This one was kind of predictable, boring and a disappointment after last week's, "holly sh!t, can't believe that just happened", episode.

Last edited:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Phhitt, lame ending. This one was kind of predictable, boring and a disappointment after last week's, "holly sh!t, can't believe that just happened", episode.

i´d have to side with you a bit here...
the finale had its good parts (the beginning, and the beginning of the last scene), but overall... i feel it was too much of a happy ending. and WTF was up with the music selection for the very last scene???

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i´d have to side with you a bit here...
the finale had its good parts (the beginning, and the beginning of the last scene), but overall... i feel it was too much of a happy ending. and WTF was up with the music selection for the very last scene???
on a second thought, i have just heard the lyrics to the song (not being a native speaker, i HAVE to pay attention to lyrics to pick them up), and it all make sense now.

the last song sounded like your garden-variety 70s feel-good country/rock rhythm, awfully misplaced in the bb universe; until i heard the lyrics.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I thought it was very well done. I liked how they tied up the bulk of the loose ends, Walt was able to get his family some much needed support, and the gang got what was coming to them.

I'll admit I didn't start watching the show until half way through the 4th season (used netflix to get me up to speed) and was impressed with the story, the acting and the characters. One of the best series ever, bottom line.

Not sure what they are going to do with Sol. While I enjoy his character, I don't know that there is enough there for a whole show.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It was a mediocre ending IMO. It didn't really get good till the last 15-20 minutes. I was glad to see the Jesse finally made a decision and didn't decide to off Walt and that Walt actually killed himself accidentally. Jesse surviving is the only way it could/should have ended and it was sad to see Walt watching Flynn walk home for the last time.
I give this finale a 7/10

the law

Monkey
Jun 25, 2002
where its at
It was a mediocre ending IMO. It didn't really get good till the last 15-20 minutes. I was glad to see the Jesse finally made a decision and didn't decide to off Walt and that Walt actually killed himself accidentally. Jesse surviving is the only way it could/should have ended and it was sad to see Walt watching Flynn walk home for the last time.
I give this finale a 7/10
Mediocre sounds a bit harsh. Frankly, I was surprised they could do as much as they did in one hour. I liked that Walt took responsibility and admitted that he did it all for himself and not the family. Even though Walt had tried to protect Jesse before, this was probably the only episode where Walt was trying to make things right for others without real self-regard. I think he wanted to give Jesse the opportunity to kill him as opposed to needing Jesse to kill him.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Mediocre sounds a bit harsh.
As far as series finales go, it wasn't as good as some other shows that I've seen. I did like that he was using badger and that other guy to help setup Elliot to give Flynn the remaining bit of his money but IMO it wasn't a fantastic episode like some of the past episodes...I mean he killed himself by accident! And did Todd not realize that was Walt's car?

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hadn't Jesse remained free of directly killing anyone for the entire series? If that's true, I think Jesse taking out Todd was the perfect ending for one of the only "good guys" caught up in the whole mess. Todd was such a creep- total sociopath.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
...I mean he killed himself by accident!QUOTE]

I know, that was a bit of a strange end for him. It seems like he was basically on a suicide mission at that point though, so how he went down wasn't as much the point as the fact that he "decided" to.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hadn't Jesse remained free of directly killing anyone for the entire series? If that's true, I think Jesse taking out Todd was the perfect ending for one of the only "good guys" caught up in the whole mess. Todd was such a creep- total sociopath.
It was pretty direct when he shot Gale in the face.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I really liked it. I thought there was going to be more action, but overall, it was very clever. The way he set up his old partners, gave Skyler a way out with the lotto ticket, f'd over everyone that had it coming and saved Jesse. It wasn't in your face, but I just thought it was good and a representation of what Walt had become. From the very first episode and knowing it was a finite story, I expected Walt to die.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
But where is the rest of the money? That is the only part they left out, and Jesse is broke since he tossed his money out the window.

I was glad to see Walt bust a cap before Jack could try to make a deal, but that was A LOT of money he stole.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
But where is the rest of the money? That is the only part they left out, and Jesse is broke since he tossed his money out the window.
Jack was going to tell him where the money was but he splattered his brains over the camera. From the last few episodes and seasons, I don't think Jesse cares that he broke especially since he tossed him money out the window

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I think a musical number would have been nice.

"Breaking Baaaad! Breaking Baaaad!
Dontcha know, everyone's breaking baaad!
My dad said be a meth cook my son.
But be a murderous one!

They'll be staaaanding in line
for the blue meth, it will blow their miiiiiinds!!

BReaking bad....breaking bad....BREAKING BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!"

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Jack was going to tell him where the money was but he splattered his brains over the camera. From the last few episodes and seasons, I don't think Jesse cares that he broke especially since he tossed him money out the window
Since he is a wanted man, I would think Jesse would start to care soon after the initial shock wore off, that's all I'm sayin. :rofl:

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
'AMC has greenlit a spinoff series for Breaking Bad’s breakout supporting character Saul Goodman'.......news outlet, if true the writers have a tough hill to climb.

SaulG1001.jpg

J

Last edited:

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
so bummed i just saw this thread.. started watching about 8 months ago. managed to get through all of it just in time for the final 8.

sad its gone. i just hope when WD returns in a couple of weeks, it doesnt suck as much as it has been in the previous episodes.

BB also set the bar really high. ;)

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Yeah....Jesse is "free." But that came at a tremendous price.

Unless Marie wants to pipe up about anything, but she has no evidence. Jesse was in custody for the money thing, but they had no ties to figure out where he got it from since Hank snatched him up from Walter's house before he could go full residential immolation.

I wonder how much Tio Salamanca's bell will be going for at the auction?