Quantcast

Breaking football news (haters need not reply)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
robdamanii said:
Besides, with DC out of there, they got some excellent talent in other areas.
Really? Like where? They are paying some guard from Seattle 7 mil a year....ridiculous. They brought in Chester Taylor, who is decent, but they let go two RBs equally as good as him. They also lost their best corner and are left with an old, less than talented defense, and arent in great cap shape. They also spent last year's #1 pick on a deep threat WR and now have a QB that cant throw a pass more than 20 yards....yeah...som real talent they have. Minnesota sucks.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
BurlyShirley said:
Really? Like where? They are paying some guard from Seattle 7 mil a year....ridiculous. They brought in Chester Taylor, who is decent, but they let go two RBs equally as good as him. They also lost their best corner and are left with an old, less than talented defense, and arent in great cap shape. They also spent last year's #1 pick on a deep threat WR and now have a QB that cant throw a pass more than 20 yards....yeah...som real talent they have. Minnesota sucks.
Without a doubt they still suck, but I see them sucking less than last year, if that means anything to anyone.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
robdamanii said:
It's the signing bonus I'd worry about, and the future cap situation. And TO has the potential to command a hell of a signing bonus.
Signing bonuses mean nothing to the Jerry Jones's of the NFL. They dole out the cash because they want a winner. They are only limited by the salary cap and since NFL contracts arent guaranteed, they can give TO a nice fat multi year contract, and cut him later if he doesnt pan out. The future cap hit from him is of little concern. Trust me. He is going to get PAID$$$$$$$$$$$

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Fanball said:
THE NEWS
The Dolphins released quarterback Gus Frerotte on Tuesday, just hours after acquiring Daunte Culpepper in a trade with the Vikings.

Our View
Rumors swirled Tuesday as to whether the Dolphins would keep Frerotte on the team as Culpepper's backup, but it appears they are comfortable enough with Culpepper's knee injury to let go of their 2005 starter. Frerotte, 34, now becomes a free agent and will likely sign elsewhere as a backup.
Interesting.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
i'm confused, why did Dallas release Keyshawn Johnson?

He might not be as good as TO, but he's still good. Plus, with KJ's maturing last year, I hope the Dolphins pick him up. Him on one side, Chris Chambers on the other, Ronnie Brown and Daunte in the backfield. WOOHOO!

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
The Cowboys let Keyshawn go 'cause they knew they were going after T.O. there isn't a clubhouse in the NFL that handle both those EGO's.

Man I can't wait for Football season........

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Ok. But KJ was supposed to make 2 mil this year, yeah? Isn't TO supposed to make 6-8? Is TO 3-4x better? How about keeping KJ and upgrading the offensive line? More time for the QB means the WRs are "better"

Based on value, I'd rather have KJ.

I hope KJ doesn't go to Carolina. He's still good and pairing him up with the best WR today is rough.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I Are Baboon said:
Good f*ck*ng riddance to him! A friend of mine at the gym I work out at is a starting full-back of an NFL team, and we talked a bit about T.O. His argument is that he's a nice guy one on one, and my contention is that one on one is not the only interaction that gages a mans worth and morals.

He tended to agree, but still likes him.

So, Good f*ck*ng bye T.O.!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
sirknight6 said:
It's nice to see other teams in the conference grasping at straws while the Seahawks have..
resigned 2 out of 3 of their own big free agents MVP RB Alexander, and DT Rocky Bernard. In fact the only free agent losses so far seem to be a backup safety Manuel, and a slot reciever Jureviscius. Those are holes that can be patched up with chump change left over for free agency or the draft.
They seem poised to get the Jets franchise DE Abraham, and if arbitration goes well we'll get back the best Guard in the NFL, Hutchison.

That would solidify a deep and formidable ,if not dominant, line on both the offensive and defensive sides.

T.O.... fleh....