Quantcast

Breaking News: Rush Limbaugh to check into medical clinic for rumored addition...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
streaming now...more to follow...

anyone smell blood in the water?

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
I hope he ends up in a prison in some third world country, getting buggered every day after severe beatings.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
...but he's not dumb.

He had his back surgery 5/6 yrs ago, & has since been medicated/addicted/whatever. It would be inconsistent for him to level his insight at current events & disregard his own inevitable undoing (a-la king David).

rest assured, if he did, it'll be all the rage for at least a few news cycles. i'll bet all those who have nexus accts w/ put those search engines through its paces.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
...enjoyed when one of the biggest anti-weed arseholes on the planet is proven to be nothing but a hypocritical, Elvis-esque piece of $hit. May his glass house provide no more shelter from the elements. :p

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
rush is a big fat peice of shlt and i hope he never gets out of that rehab place. fat fvcker shouldnt ever be allowed to voice his opinions ever again

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by $tinkle
...but he's not dumb.

He had his back surgery 5/6 yrs ago, & has since been medicated/addicted/whatever. It would be inconsistent for him to level his insight at current events & disregard his own inevitable undoing (a-la king David).
Would it also be inconsistent for him the SELL prescription medication? Because apparently that's what the feds think he did right now... we'll see how that pans out.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i am not one to scoff at other peoples misfortune, especially not something as serious and devistating as a drug addiction, but **** that creep. practice what you preach. it isnt hard.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
this from a man who spent the last 15 years saying that anyone that does buys or sells drugs should be in jail for life. i guess it doesnt matter that he was buying illegal prescription narcotics by the cigar box full. shuttin his fat fvckin mouth long enough to pop one every hour or so between racist comments. what will happen though is his fans will say " but he has been in pain" " no one should have to suffer..." then they will forgive him. i hope he goes to jail gets ass raped by a gang of pissed off minorities and then spoon fed crack till he od's and dies.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I hate the guy, but don't we need to wait if there are criminal charges before stringing him up? There is a difference between becoming addicted to doctor prescribed meds than illegals. And I also think that people are too hard on guys like Brett Farve who went thru the same thing.

Hopefully, Rush will be a bit more understanding about the bigger picture now. Maybe he'll come to realize that no one really intends to become and addict -- prescribed or illegal.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by LordOpie
There is a difference between becoming addicted to doctor prescribed meds than illegals.

Really, what's the difference? It seems to me that one lot go to jail while the other lot get treatment and help. That's about the only difference I can see.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I hate the guy, but don't we need to wait if there are criminal charges before stringing him up? There is a difference between becoming addicted to doctor prescribed meds than illegals. And I also think that people are too hard on guys like Brett Farve who went thru the same thing.

Hopefully, Rush will be a bit more understanding about the bigger picture now. Maybe he'll come to realize that no one really intends to become and addict -- prescribed or illegal.
I don't know any doctors who have your housekeeper pick up your prescriptions in the parking lot of a Denny's :devil:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by valve bouncer
Really, what's the difference? It seems to me that one lot go to jail while the other lot get treatment and help. That's about the only difference I can see.
one is passive, the other active. No one tries coke thinking they'll get addicted, but it was a voluntary choice. If you're laying in a hospital bed and they're pumping morphine into you, well, don't you think that's different?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
sure people can get addicted to doctor prescribed meds, but the difference is when they run out of the prescription they dont continue purchasing them for 5 more years from a house cleaner by the cigar box full. that is the differnece. as for FAvre he did not say and act the way rush did and i amsorry he got as harrassed about it as as he did but rush deserves every second of it. and no he wont be more understanding now i bet you $50 bucks hell come right back saying and doing evrything he did before.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
one is passive, the other active. No one tries coke thinking they'll get addicted, but it was a voluntary choice. If you're laying in a hospital bed and they're pumping morphine into you, well, don't you think that's different?
Addicted is addicted Opie, the drugs don't discriminate. People actively abuse legal meds and others use illegal drugs for medical purposes. Things are not black and white. The idiocy of creating a hierachy of addiction should be apparent to all. This joker is not better or worse than any other addict, he's just addicted, pointing fingers doesn't help anyone.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
...some real compassion being voiced here.

Shame on you, and shame on those who are salivating at the chance to lash out at Limbaugh.

Love him or hate him, addiction is a disease. One often accompanied by denial.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by Damn True

Shame on you, and shame on those who are salivating at the chance to lash out at Limbaugh.

I hope he beats his addiction.

However, I'm merely judging Rush by his own standards. Seems to me that he is morally weak, by his own standards. I'd like to see treatment for addiction, but let's see what Rush says the appropriate course of action is:

"There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up."

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Lash out? Not me - I'm waiting for the lynch mob. :evil:

Anyhow I am of the opinion that you only get what you give and he's been pitching chit for years. I'm a hard ass when it comes to drugs and alcohol - addiction is a sign of innate moral weakness. :monkey:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
yeah, & i guess we'll start seeing this other non-sequitur quote on anti-rush / rush-hate sites:

"When you strip it all away," Rush had said of the Grateful Dead guitarist, "Jerry Garcia destroyed his life on drugs. And yet he's being honored, like some godlike figure. Our priorities are out of whack, folks."
difference is, jerry was out w/ his use.

As for any potential formal prosecution & conviction - FEH! It's not worth gettin' worked up over - you think he'll be "frogged marched" out of the EIB beehive? don't wait for it...

i'm surprised no one has posted his 2 most famous racist comments, one 30 yrs ago, one 10. (you find it)

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by ohio
Is hypocrisy also a disease?
Context.

You forgot, "One often accompanied by denial."

I have never met an addict who didn't think that THEY didn't have a problem and didn't think others were screwed up for not having control. That sort of talk is a symptom of addiction.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I have never met an addict who didn't think that THEY didn't have a problem
hmmm.... know many smokers that have tried to quit? how about obese folks dieting? All addicts that know they DO have a problem.

I've known several addicts of various drugs (ranging from nicotine to cocaine) who acknowledged at the time that they had problems, and failed to fix it themselves despite REAL efforts.

edit: and I doubt you'll find a hypocrite that will admit his/her hypocrisy... seems like that "disease" fits your discription better than substance abuse.

wmesser

Chimp
Sep 13, 2003
Tenino, WA
Yea!!! Rally around the addict! Screw that. Everyone knows the risks. Just look at how young kids are taught about the harms of drugs. People in addiction know its wrong, yet make excuses to justify it. Legalize drugs and let those who do them deal w/ it by themselves. Oh wait... thats right, then they will start suing the manufacturers because they didn't know the risks involved and didn't know that drugs are addictive. Sometimes people just suck.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan

I'm sure I wasn't the only PD forum regular to have a slight chuckle at Mr Arch-Conservative DT preaching compassion and understanding;) :D

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
who did RUSH harm in his escapades? besides being a mouthpiece - covered by freedom of speech, despite questionable comment - it seems that he is getting help.

there's way too much emphasis on putting drug users through the correctional system. getting treatment and setting the record straight would be good goals that may do some good.

so what if he bought them by cigar box? so what if he was in pain? so what if he's a hyprocrite? he has a problem and now he's implementing the solution.

i'm on the compassionate side - even if the laws are antiquated and costly. get the dealers... not the users.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by slein
who did RUSH harm in his escapades? besides being a mouthpiece - covered by freedom of speech
Rush has influence. For good or bad, MANY people value his opinions, and have adopted it. By nature of a democracy that means his expressed opinions have affected our drug policies. He will reap what he's sown.

As for compassion. I'm not too worried about the guy. He'll get a slap on the wrist and the best treatment money can buy. Hell, monetarily, he can afford the addiction... if it weren't for his public image and his personal need for spotlight attention and media influence, I doubt he would need or seek help at all.

The people worthy of compassion are those that were shown none by him in the past, despite being in far worse situations.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
By nature of a democracy that means his expressed opinions have affected our drug policies.
couldn't find the his name anywhere at the Office of National Drug Control Policy's reference page for their media campaign strategy.
He'll get a slap on the wrist and the best treatment money can buy. Hell, monetarily, he can afford the addiction...
yep, it's a rather cheap sch II substance as classified by the DEA
The people worthy of compassion are those that were shown none by him in the past, despite being in far worse situations.
what does that have to do w/ anything? Is he supposed to staff a position that tracks the users/abusers & send out get well soon cards? You know that if he vilified anyone for their use/abuse, that sound byte would be all over the 'net - and it ain't. looks like a lot of arm waving here.

Just think, he's been stoned the last 5/6 years. If he kicks this - & i believe he will - he'll be rather lucid & more than just a pebble in the shoe of his haters.

oh, for those interested, here's an exhaustive link about his drug of choice

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
"There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up."

What do you think "sent up" means? I think he means pound me in the ass prison, not a treatment center myself.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
couldn't find the his name anywhere at the Office of National Drug Control Policy's reference page for their media campaign strategy.
Oh, I'm sorry; are you not familiar with the concept of democracy?

You know that if he vilified anyone for their use/abuse, that sound byte would be all over the 'net - and it ain't. looks like a lot of arm waving here.
See Silver's quotation. You obviously are not a true Rush fan, if you aren't familiar with his preachings.

Just think, he's been stoned the last 5/6 years.
Well thank God there's at least THAT semblance of an excuse for the worthless drivel he's been spewing.