Quantcast

brecjenridge? anyone?anyone?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well i might be in breckenridge sometime around the first week of april. my new job is gonna fly me out there, where upon arrival i will hang out with my boss for a few days and then i will hop into a land rover and drive back. they were trying to figure out a way to get it here. i told them to fly me out there and i would drive it back.

i have never been there before so they thought it would be nice to let me chill for a couple of days with one of my bosses who lives there so i could see some of colorado. they are paying for everything:plane ticket, hotel, food, gas, plus hourly for the time spent driving. The only downside is that i wont have a bike.

hopefully this will go down, their other option is paying to ship it, i am cheaper than that.

its about 95 percent chance they are gonna go this route.

any monkies live in Breckenridge?

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
not really much around breck will be rideable by then; snow/wet still. lower down stuff possibly, and depending on what your timeframe to drive might be. fruita isn't too much further........

not sure about rental bikes, but if any of us sorta-but-not-quite local folk are around, a bike could be scrounged up.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Ridemonkey said:
How did you swing a job that flies you to Breck?
i am now a fly fishing guide and instructor for NL Wilson full time. my location is based out of the biltmore estate. when we get to work we park our cars and drive our clients around to the fishing/lesson location in land rovers. we already have one there but they need to get the other one here. They have a location in Breck and Jackson wyoming and a few others. They are also the people that set up the locations for the Land Rocver Driving experience off road classes.

its the job of a lifetime. it is also the highest paying job i have ever had.

i take people fly fishing/teach them to flyfish/fly fish for a living. :drool:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
COmtbiker12 said:
I'm like a 2 hour drive from Breck. Want to go boarding at all?
might be a possibility. the boss that i am going to be staying with i am sure gets free lift passes at select places and i would like to try snowboarding. we will see how it all plays out.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
scrublover said:
not really much around breck will be rideable by then; snow/wet still. lower down stuff possibly, and depending on what your timeframe to drive might be. fruita isn't too much further........

not sure about rental bikes, but if any of us sorta-but-not-quite local folk are around, a bike could be scrounged up.
i was thinkin more along the lines of gettin wasted and having sex with dirty sluts.

actually the boss i am going to be staying with rides xc.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
hats ok, i have never been there so just going there will be schweet, especially since it is free and i am driving someone elses land rover back with their gas card and getting paid the whole time.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
biggins said:
hats ok, i have never been there so just going there will be schweet, especially since it is free and i am driving someone elses land rover back with their gas card and getting paid the whole time.
Dude. Breck kicks ass. Here's the ski area on closing day a few years ago:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
werd dawg. hopefully the guy i am staying with will have free lift passes and i can get on a snowboard. will there still be snow when i am there?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
SkaredShtles said:
Ummm........ yep. April is usually the month when snowpack peaks. So there'll be *lots* of snow.

-S.S.-
thats what i like to hear. i have never boarded before but i surfed and skated for a long time so the actual motion should be recognizable, just a different medium. oh and i have been skiing 2 times.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
You better be back in time for SERM fest!
i am there homey, already have the time off work for it. are ya'll gonna be here for the mountain sports festival the following weekend?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
i am there homey, already have the time off work for it. are ya'll gonna be here for the mountain sports festival the following weekend?
No, I cant stay that long. However we will be there starting Thursday AM. So if you want to do any additional riding you know we are down.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i am gonna be off friday staurday and sunday. i was thinkin about coming down thursday night and chillin with you guys and setting up a couple of tents in the free sites near where we are for overflow.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
See you then, you know who to bring with you !
oh crap, thanks for reminding me, i am supposed to have a few beers with her and give her spanking. she just got a school girl outfit.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
actually that is a lie. i am supposed ot have beers with her though and i would like to give her a spanking in a school girl outfit.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
actually that is a lie. i am supposed ot have beers with her though and i would like to give her a spanking in a school girl outfit.
ok hook me up :o: plant a seed for the RMFest, but not YOUR seed.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
ok hook me up :o: plant a seed for the RMFest, but not YOUR seed.
i will certainly bring it up to her. But if this works you will owe me bigtyme.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
i will certainly bring it up to her. But if this works you will owe me bigtyme.
You mean like I'd have to tell you how it was? owe you? Or more? :D :D :D

I repay my debts! :monkey: