Quantcast

Brewing beeeeeeerrrrrr

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Ok, so I've got some questions for any home brewers out there. I'm just getting started and looking at making some IPA's. Any suggestions?

I'm getting myself a cajun cooker with a 7gal pot to brew the beer in and a cooler with a false bottom and valve for the rest. Already have all the other things needed but am completely lost as to how to ensure it comes out somewhat decent. Thanks guys!!

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Find a local homebrew supply store and ask a lot of questions.

Clean, sanitize anything that will contact your chilled wort.

Patience, making beer is easy, making great beer takes practice.

Follow the instructions that come with the ingredient kit.

Relax, don't worry, have a (home)brew.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Been brewing for almost 5yrs now and the best advice I can give is practice makes perfect. It took a few batches to get the process down. Never had a batch that I couldn't drink but definitely had a few come out differently than expected.

Also you might want to check out the "Beer & Food" forum of the :monkey:... you'll find lots of brewing advise in there.

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Sanitation, patience, and fermentation temps - in that order. You'll figure the rest out.

Spend some quality time over at www.homebrewtalk.com Most every question you can come up with has been answered over there.

Coincidentally i'm making a starter for another brew session this weekend right now.

Last edited:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
homebrewtalk.com

If you're down with IRC (yea, you know me) #homebrewtalk.com will get you answers in real time. Some serious pro guys hang out there daily.

My suggestion is to make a simple beer to start out with so you get the technique down. IPA can be simple but expensive as well. That's the biggest mistake I see from noobs, trying to make some crazy beer as their first beer, then getting disapointed when it fails.

Making good beer is easy. For your first go, have a game plan. I used to write out the steps I needed to take so I wouldn't forget anything along the way. Now I just throw a bunch of stuff in hot water, drain and boil....

DWRHAHB!