Quantcast

Brexit

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Turns out fear mongering, xenophobia and a complete disregard of facts work pretty well these days.
Great way to stick it to the elites by completely fucking yourself over for decades to come and giving the disintegration of Europe a nice boost. Can't wait for the likes of Wilders, Le Pen and their ilk to start pushing for their own referendum.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Separation of Scotland and Northern Ireland next.

This is yet another step towards destruction of middle class in Western civilization.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I've got to admit, I'm stunned. I thought cooler heads would prevail.
We are in full-retard mode here in the US with our election, so it's more par for the course, rather than surprising...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
from fb (posted by a brit):

So let’s recap the days events, bear in mind, I am merely reporting what’s actually happened:

1. We voted to leave something that gives us a 10x return on our investment
2. We split the country in 2 and made at least 48.1% really angry with the rest
3. Prime Minister has resigned, meaning the very real likelihood of Boris Johnson as leader
4. The Conservative Party has started to rip itself apart
5. The Labour Party have decided to do that next Tuesday
6. The President of the EU Parliament has said specifically that we will not be allowed to join the free market.
7. Donald Trump has congratulated us
8. We knocked 10% off the value of our currency, which of course as we like to buy things from abroad, means we’ll be paying 10% more
9. We crashed world stock markets
10. We crashed our own stock market, losing more money than we could ever get back by not paying the EU
11. Did I mention Donald Trump thought this was a good idea?
12. Cornwall voted to Leave, one of the most heavily funded counties by the EU, and is demanding assurances it will still get its money
13. 2 major financial institutions have announced moving jobs to EU mainland
14. Scotland began its inescapable path to Independence
15. The Irish decided to have that chat as well
16. Most old people decided to do the opposite of what young people want even though they have to deal with it for longer
17. We made Nigel Farage happy
18. Farage openly admits that the 350million a week claim about the NHS was BS…
19. Everyone Googled “What happens if we leave the EU” after the vote closed

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
"The last time the British economy really went in the tank, the UK produced the Clash, Joy Division, the Pogues, the Buzzcocks, the, Smiths, the Cure, Happy Mondays, Stone Roses, New Order, XTC, the Jam, Psychedelic Furs, Madness, The Specials, The Beat, Simply Red, Gang of Four and Public Image Ltd.

It is not all bad."

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I made 30 dollars on the hundred ounces of silver I bought last week...
My dad stashed a LOT of silver when I was a kid. He's hide it in the rafters of the garage among other odd places. He was convinced that we were going to hell in a handbasket and the whole house of cards would come tumbling down.

This was in the 80's.

Buy low, sell high - that's the only advice I can give you on precious metals. :D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
My dad stashed a LOT of silver when I was a kid. He's hide it in the rafters of the garage among other odd places. He was convinced that we were going to hell in a handbasket and the whole house of cards would come tumbling down.

This was in the 80's.

Buy low, sell high - that's the only advice I can give you on precious metals. :D
Stoney convinced me not to divest my entire 401k and buy even more... I still think silver is a good value right now.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Why you gotta hate on Alaska?
An effective, if somewhat broad brush, way to keep Palin contained north of the 49th parallel. Although it would admittedly make for an exceedingly expensive and oddly shaped wall. Plus, Arkansas actually has some decent riding in the Ozarks, which btw, doesn't get snowed under for 7 months/year and is devoid of car sized bears.