Quantcast

Brianhead reuslts

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
australia proves world dominance again :devil:... HILL on fire

this guy didn t have such a good time... good 'ole neck snapper !!!

had a good time for sure... nice to visit that part of the world again...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
view of the cheater line... minaar goes the long way... cheat line started in the bottom right hand corner of the photo then it linked up with the trail... cut out the drop or route around and the whole next corner...

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Heath Sherratt said:
Mani, the debate goes deeper...some people believe drinking Gatorade or Cytomax is a performance enhancing drug. The rules are there for us to use. Where do you draw the line ?
Probably closer than 60' off the trail ;)
I see what you mean though. Am I doping when I have my double espresso before the race? I guess It has to be between you and your conscience :help:

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
partsbara said:
this guy didn t have such a good time... good 'ole neck snapper !!!

That's Andrew Pierce! He qualified 20th: pretty sick for a first pro-race but had a little misshap in the finals ;)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
partsbara said:
view of the cheater line... minaar goes the long way... cheat line started in the bottom right hand corner of the photo then it linked up with the trail... cut out the drop or route around and the whole next corner...

While that clearly isn't an intentended line for riders...it is the organizers fault for not taping the course off. Just by looking at that line though, it looks like their may be some NASTY surprises hiding in the scrub.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Transcend said:
While that clearly isn't an intentended line for riders...it is the organizers fault for not taping the course off. Just by looking at that line though, it looks like their may be some NASTY surprises hiding in the scrub.
ya, course should be taped top to bottom. if it's not, it's fair game if you can see lines that other people aren't taking.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I thought the cheater line went from the berm after the drop Minaarnar is hitting directly to the straight in the upper left, by passing that huge left sweeper. Am I wrong? The line to the right wasn't all that far off the course, and definitely did not look any faster. There was a really easy, well defined path through the main rock garden. If someone wants to bushwack through a blind boulder field, I doubt it's any faster.

partsbara said:

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
bent^biker said:
i hate to hijack a thread but, is that an 07 boxxer on hill's bike or just custom paint?
team lowers w/ w.c graphics. correct me if im wrong. a cove team rider did the same thing.

edit* the only dif. thing on my 07 boxxer team is the rebound knob is smaller. same color

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
CBJ said:
Remember his bike was stolen so most likely this is some sort of quick replacement bike I would think.

hahaha, i highly doubt t is very hard for sam hill to get a new fork at crankworx (my guess is around 10 minutes)

steve peat was running the same setup at whistler as well

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
This was roughly the cheater line:

If, and I say IF because I do not have first hand knowledge, they were out moving obstacles out of the way prior to that run, that would cross the line. Also, I saw them take that line and I would say it was more than a 7 second advantage IMO.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
Threepointtwo said:
This was roughly the cheater line:

If, and I say IF because I do not have first hand knowledge, they were out moving obstacles out of the way prior to that run, that would cross the line. Also, I saw them take that line and I would say it was more than a 7 second advantage IMO.
Another thing you can't see in the photo is that the "cheater line" gives you a dead straight entrance into the next section at good speed. For the riders that stayed on the course you had a slippery right hand turn turn at much lower speed. I'd say combined it was at least 7 seconds and maybe closer to 10.

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
I don't see the problem with people hitting the line if it wasn't taped off, but then deciding to tape it off on Sunday seems like a day late and a dollar short if jrX already took advantage of it... Not that it would of really helped me out and my tree hugging skills...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
sayndesyn said:
I don't see the problem with people hitting the line if it wasn't taped off, but then deciding to tape it off on Sunday seems like a day late and a dollar short if jrX already took advantage of it... Not that it would of really helped me out and my tree hugging skills...

who in the hell is this crab weasel ?? ;)

good to ride with ya again mate... safe travel...

Shepherdwong

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
I have no idea about the legality of the line, but I was there standing and watching and although I didn't actually time it, some dude was standing next to me and did time it and said it was about 2-4 seconds faster which seemed about right from what I saw.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
sayndesyn said:
I suck indeed... give me two years and either I will be on it or dead on it. Hey, check out the new Decline. I'm ****ing famous.

sweet :thumb: ... whats the deal mate ??? scan it for me if ya can... finding decline out here will be a task and a half...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
CBJ said:
Butch we can't all be hard core racers like you so we have to compensate with unimportant components observations.
your big visorless helmet wasn't exactly getting left in the dust last time we rode together. What the hell happens in your race runs? You stop trailside to do watch others pimped out rides zip by and critique setup? You ever gonna come to Asheville for a week? We'll hook you up on trails God made!

fr-rider

Monkey
Aug 14, 2004
Albuquerque, NM
partsbara said:
sweet :thumb: ... whats the deal mate ??? scan it for me if ya can... finding decline out here will be a task and a half...
What's up fuggers? Did you guys have a good trip to Brian Head.

sayndesyn-What months issue of Decline are you in? Are you planning on hitting up Final Descent in Angel Fire at the end of Sept?