Quantcast

Brick p0rn

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I love messing around on my spec houses with textures and stuff. This is a yet another house I have under construction. I had the brick mason give the brick motar a rough look.

I like how it came out. :thumb:

Pics taken today in the sunshine:

Full exterior shot taken yesterday in the rain:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
the mason was probably so happy ... its a lot less work... but i dont like the outcome.. i would not be happy as a buyer.. I think it looks unfinished and sloppy

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Keep telling yourself that.

I've had this done in wine cellers where the intent was to give it an old world european look. A lot of other design details need to go into making it come together right. Then it looks cool. Otherwise it just looks like poor workmanship.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I'm very happy with the result. It works well with the brick I selected for the job. I imagine this house will be sold before the interior is painted.

:D

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
the funny part is i bet you paid big bucks for a mason to do that didnt you? :rolleyes:

looks horrible, then again thats my opinion, and we all know about opinions....

J

JRB

Maybe you can poop on the outside of the toilet before they move in too. :D

J

JRB

narlus said:
yeah, N8 did. this is a spec house, ie no one's commissioned it, and N8's gonna build it then put it on the market.
I hope he posts the pics of him out there with a 4 1/2" grinder buffing that crap off. :D

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
The last several houses I've had the mason wipe motar on the bricks for an aged look. On this house I am experimenting with textures.

So far everyone in real life who's seen it likes it... the guy who lives across the street liked it so much he is doing it to the house he's now building.

Like it or not you virtual peeps, it will be a hit and will $ell. :D

J

JRB

narlus said:
like i said, it may be popular due to regional idiocy in LA.

everyone else (rightly so) says it looks like crappy workmanship.
Judging by the intelligence in the "dumb ass" thread in bad sellers, it could be a hit in Hickory, NC also.

J

JRB

Yeah - "groutstanding" was the only redeeming thing to come from doing that mortar work. :D