Quantcast

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Anybody notice how much better looking the Subaru WRX STi is for 2011?

2010:

2011::drool:

This is the first STi I've really liked since about 2006. But IMO this is the best looking STi ever.

If only I had $38k laying around :rolleyes:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
the hatch version was nice. I'm excited that the WRX gets the hatch widebody for 11...not that I can particularly afford it. The STI has always been overdone...this one looks less WRC ('10) and more mexi-melt style.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Exhaust finisher; Aluminum trim pieces add a serious performance look to the rear of the vehicle. $179.95

:rofl:

Sorry I don't find this car to be worth the price. Options are comical though.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i didnt like the hatchback when it came out, but when i saw the new STi last year, i LOLed all over myself. a widebody kit? really? the wing looks perfect for going really fast around the parking lot

they thankfully still have the 5-door

its just too bad Subaru have probably the WORST interiors i have ever seen

Last edited:

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
My '04 Outback wagon has 175,000 miles on it. Good times.

My two cents.
I love my 02 outback. Its at about 145,000 miles, and I'm probably going to keep it til it looks like Manimal's :thumb:

And an STi cant do this! ;)

But driving it on these steep, curvy mountain roads leaves something to be desired with only 170hp. An STi would be a blast to drive up here!

Last edited:

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
Looks good. If I had the $, I'd probably get something else though.

I love my WRX wagon. Decent performance and cargo space. Plus, insurance is cheap.

Here's mine in Fruita a couple months ago:

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
its just too bad Subaru have probably the WORST interiors i have ever seen
I've had 5 Subarus since 2004 and all of them had interiors with rattling issues. Before you ask, I had an '05 WRX sedan, 2 different '08 Legacys as company cars, an '06 Impreza wagon, and my current '09 Legacy. For cars in the low/mid 20's in terms of price, the rattling doesn't bother me that much, but it's noticable. I found the interoir layouts to be comfortable and convenient for me though at 5'5" 160ish.

IMO Subaru didn't get the STi's styling correct until the 5-door. The only better thing they could do with the STi would be to bring back the 2 door GC8 body style.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
My Subaru is rattle free with 46K on it, maybe the rattle be coming later?

I've had 5 Subarus since 2004 and all of them had interiors with rattling issues. Before you ask, I had an '05 WRX sedan, 2 different '08 Legacys as company cars, an '06 Impreza wagon, and my current '09 Legacy. For cars in the low/mid 20's in terms of price, the rattling doesn't bother me that much, but it's noticable. I found the interoir layouts to be comfortable and convenient for me though at 5'5" 160ish.

IMO Subaru didn't get the STi's styling correct until the 5-door. The only better thing they could do with the STi would be to bring back the 2 door GC8 body style.

dezs3028

Chimp
Apr 28, 2009
I wasn't a big fan of the hatch at first but i got to drive one for a weekend and it has grown on me. But I still prefer the sedan over the hatch and I can get myself and a few friends out for a trip every now and then.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
:think: Umm unless my sarcasm meter needs to be calibrated the WRX is one of the 10 most expensive vehicles to insure in the US. And yes I own one as well.
Truth is your right, but the Jaguar S type blows it out of the water on our rating scale. But only b/c little old rich ladies in Miami play "Parking Deck Pinball" in them.;)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Damn any Subaru thread always turns into a Subaru love fest. Now if can combine it with pictures some tuned A4 Audis and some stories about how expensive they are to maintain the thread would be perfect :)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:think: Umm unless my sarcasm meter needs to be calibrated the WRX is one of the 10 most expensive vehicles to insure in the US. And yes I own one as well.
I do find some irony in the insurance costs for the different turbo subies. The insurance on my forester xt is less than my old non-turbo wagon, but it has almost 2x the power stock (let alone the ease at which you can almost double that).
The wrx's are much more likely to be nodded and crashed by a teen than the forester, despite the forester generally being cheaper with a better platform to build up from.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't like the way they sound. It's worse than a Civic with a fart can. More like a Civic with a fart can and a dead cylinder. Just me, I guess.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I don't like the way they sound. It's worse than a Civic with a fart can. More like a Civic with a fart can and a dead cylinder. Just me, I guess.
i totally agree. the unique sound from the boxer engine is a dead give away even from a mile away and its annoying...kinda like how every mustang sounds the same.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
You sound jealous. If you start saving maybe someday you can own a Civic. It's a lot of responsibility trying to manage all the Power and Performance that a well tuned VTEC offers. Maybe you should consider a few Skip Barber classes before you take on the beast known as a Civic. I would however keep the Celebrity Wagon just in case the Civic proves to much for you.....:weee:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'd consider Subaru again if they went with DI, ditched the 4EAT for a DSG (not that it'd really matter--we'd get the stick--but just as a matter of principle), and generally showed something new.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i totally agree. the unique sound from the boxer engine is a dead give away even from a mile away and its annoying...
And you can hear EVERY ONE of them from MILES AWAY.

brbrbrbrbrpppp, pssst, brbrbrbrbrpppp, psssst, brbrbrbrbrpppp, psssst.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I've got a WRX and it doesn't sound that weird. But of course it isn't all riced out.

Now that the weather is cooling off a bit, the creaks and cracking noises the interior makes are really making it sound like a cheapo car inside... Still quick though.