Quantcast

Broke mah arch.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Was hitting my dj's today when I suddenly notices an unreal about of front wheel flex. Not the hub, not anything else on the wheel. So I look at the arch and BOOM a nice crack all the way through.

So then, I guess it's time for a new fork. She was a dj3 110. I'm looking to spend around 200 (probably I'll buy used) and I'd like something shorter travel. Any ideas ?

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
I see chromed steel stanchion's ???
Please correct me if I am wrong but is that a Dirt Jam pro OEM version ??

This fork has a long histroy of failiures , and marzocchi rememds and has activly tried to remove all of these from the market .
Sorry this had to happen to you

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
As sick as the g60(?) is two problems arise. a) needs to be qr. and b) I need it before october.

I see chromed steel stanchion's ???
Please correct me if I am wrong but is that a Dirt Jam pro OEM version ??

This fork has a long histroy of failiures , and marzocchi rememds and has activly tried to remove all of these from the market .
Sorry this had to happen to you
That very well could be, I'm just going off of what I was told when I bought the bike used. Think theres anychance of marz hooking me up ?

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
No sir, it is a DJIII I bought it new back in the day and sold it to DW as part of a complete bike.
Still not much differnce in the lowers , that era Marzocchi is prone to breakage and sorry to say MArzocchi RAN as far awy from these fork as soon as the one year warrently ended .:bonk:

Larson TT y0!

Monkey
Jan 21, 2007
Maryland
Still not much differnce in the lowers , that era Marzocchi is prone to breakage and sorry to say MArzocchi RAN as far awy from these fork as soon as the one year warrently ended .:bonk:
I've got two broken MX comps sitting in my basement waiting for their next purpose in life. You've got a PM.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
I've got two broken MX comps sitting in my basement waiting for their next purpose in life. You've got a PM.
LOL there's a pretty good thred over on MTBR on MAgnesium fires and how if you get the metal burn hot enough you can dump water on it and the magnesium fire will start to seprate the o2 from the hydrogyn and use them as fuel , basically getting water to ignite :biggrin: always fun !!

PM replied !

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
LOL there's a pretty good thred over on MTBR on MAgnesium fires and how if you get the metal burn hot enough you can dump water on it and the magnesium fire will start to seprate the o2 from the hydrogyn and use them as fuel , basically getting water to ignite :biggrin: always fun !!

PM replied !
MTBR made me sick once.