Quantcast

Broke my bike Now what?

doAZido

Chimp
Aug 20, 2003
Glendale Arizona
:help: somehow I broke the chainstay on my GF sugar today. LBS says no problem GF will replace the rear triangle, but it could take as long as 4 weeks! Its race season here in the desert and I only have 1 bike. Even though I am a middle of the pack beginner xc racer I am having a blast racing in our local race series, next race is march 12th. I gotta train. what do I do? The LBS mech said that GF would have to paint the part to match my bike. I told him if it speeds things up I dont care if its unpainted or even pink.......just send it! NOW!

doAZido

Chimp
Aug 20, 2003
Glendale Arizona
manziman said:
hmm...broke it JRA? riiiight.
It broke while I was riding what we like to call the hell loop, part road ,part rocky nasty singletrack and easy doulble track ,broke while climbing a nasty rocky piece of singletrack..............its a trail bike ................I was on the trail!..........I am so bummed :(

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Yah, fsher will replace it. it takes time... has to ship out, they will inspect it, and send you a new chainstay. Dunno about painting to match. You get what you get.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
I have seen something like this before, guy was riding up a pretty gradual climb on doubletrack, I look over and see the top tube split in two. Thing just kinda came apart, never seen a better example of JRA.

doAZido

Chimp
Aug 20, 2003
Glendale Arizona
Wumpus said:
Fisher has a lifetime warranty. They are willing to replace it. What is the problem?
ya fisher is gonna take care of it for me..........LBS mech is being very helpful,I just have 1 bike, so ntill this is taken care of ....................no riding for me. Just like to give a thumbs up to my LBS. thankfully I bought my rig at a quality shop.............excellent bikes in PHX AZ

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
Discostu said:
I have seen something like this before, guy was riding up a pretty gradual climb on doubletrack, I look over and see the top tube split in two. Thing just kinda came apart, never seen a better example of JRA.
I've seen something like that happen before. it's a very strange sight. a girl on my school's race team has just bought a Kona hardtail from my shop. she's literally 20 feet into the start of the first climb and the frame just tears in half. true JRA.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Maybe someone from your LBS has an extra bike you could borrow for the races........maybe if you build up a great relationship with them, they'd even consider sponsoring you. The mtb community is the finest I know of, I'm sure there is someone out there that will loan you a bike until your's gets fixed.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
doAZido said:
ya fisher is gonna take care of it for me..........LBS mech is being very helpful,I just have 1 bike, so ntill this is taken care of ....................no riding for me. Just like to give a thumbs up to my LBS. thankfully I bought my rig at a quality shop.............excellent bikes in PHX AZ
Find a good buddy who will lend you a bike that fits? That seems to be the only way, other than jumping on the shop and GF's ass to get the bike out quickly. While bike companies usually work at their own pace I'm sure if you explain and ask nicely enough, maybe pay a bit more they would get it out in time for the race.

Sorry about the bike man, that's harsh.

The Ito

doAZido

Chimp
Aug 20, 2003
Glendale Arizona
MMcG said:
Maybe someone from your LBS has an extra bike you could borrow for the races........maybe if you build up a great relationship with them, they'd even consider sponsoring you. The mtb community is the finest I know of, I'm sure there is someone out there that will loan you a bike until your's gets fixed.
Now thats a good idea, think I will go the shop tonite and see what they say. I am sure one of my riding buddies have got something I can ride. dont they say 10 days off your bike is like losing a months worth of training. I am already slow, dont need that!

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
doAZido said:
Now you have an excuse to build up a HT for a backup. :evil: