Quantcast

brokeback mtn bike

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
It looks like a dude and a chick on that bike which is hardly brokeback material. Unless the stoker is a dude with big cans wearing a pink helmet, in which case it's definitely brokeback.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I don't think I would EVER trust another human being enough to do tandam downhill!

I always wondered why Nicolai makes a tandom. I mean, if you're gonna buy one, why buy one that is $4000 for the frame?!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
MTB Tandems are fun but yeah, terrifying. It's pretty hard to endo, which is good, but it's damn hard to get the front wheel up over anything, which is bad. With twice your usual weight you get amazing traction and can climb just about anything.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
how scary is it to ride bitch on that though you have little to no idea of whats coming and if you crash its more than likely that guy in the fronts fault. I guess you would have to take that thing on easy trails considering it would probably bottom out on anything else.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
DH tandems are awesome. There's a blind kid here in Spain who gets to do all the DH's on the back of a tandem. He absolutely loves it.

I will not talk sh1t on something that allows a blind kid to enjoy this fun sport.

Hucks to flat are much more sh1t talking worthy, along with loco. ;)

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
ridiculous said:
how scary is it to ride bitch on that though you have little to no idea of whats coming and if you crash its more than likely that guy in the fronts fault. I guess you would have to take that thing on easy trails considering it would probably bottom out on anything else.
Yeah it's scary. It's also pretty easy to eject off the back when things get sketchy. But you'd be surprised what you can clean.

It's also a great way to get out on the trails with your SO if he/she doesn't really ride.