Quantcast

Broken back?

Turd Ferguson

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Burbank
Hey, I could have posted this elsewhere but you guys know your sh!t. I ate it bad today. Full body slam. Can you walk/ride away with a broken or cracked spine? It hurts like a mofo hours later and a little swelling. Yeah I guess I could go to hospital but that =$.
thanks

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Yeah you can walk away with a broken back and go to sleep roll over in bed and severe your spinal cord becoming paralized. Go to the hospital right now. Get x-rays.

A friend of mine broke his back surfing and walked around for a day. until he finaly whent to the hospital that night. The docs freaked when they diagnosed it a a broken kneck. He recovered, but the docs said any suden jerk to the left and that would have been it.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
dude, don't f*** around with your back! Go to the ER! Its better to know nothing is wrong then to not know if somthing is wrong.

No amount of money is worth you not being able to move

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
You need to hit the hospital, there is no question about it. Some guy broke his back on one of our drops, and actually walked out--with some serious damage. Now the drop is called the "spine tingler." ;)

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
Nooo... I hope you're ok dude. I've never actually had my spine hurt after crashing, just the fatty areas on the left and right of the back usually get bruised... i'd say if you think the bone is bruised or damaged at all you should go check it out.

Turd Ferguson

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Burbank
Thanks for all of the good advice. I got checked out. Turns out I'm just a pus.

On a side note(everyone but me knows this) when you get your shock back from rebuild, set it up right. Otherwise you might pull a mighty Bender like myself.

peace

James, I got owned by the Urinator.
fast rebound+flat landing(7' drop)= :stosh:

Turd Ferguson

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Burbank
snoopz666 said:
ER right away, i crushed a vertebre in my back and went over a week without going to a doc. if i had crashed again and hit my head straight down again i probobly wouldnt be walking.

Yikes! I'm ok but I won't ever F around with a back injury again. thanks

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
Ok, I have a question too... I took a little digger, and landed on my back -- it's not painful at all, no swelling, but if I try to run, I can feel it -- ... It's not particularly painful -- it's just not quite normal. It doesn't feel like something's off or out of place, I guess it just hurts, only it's an extremely mild pain. It's been about a week and a half now since the fall, and I think the "pain" is slightly better, but it's hard to tell. What do you think, get it checked out, or just go about normal things.

Sep 29, 2004
I broke my back two weekis ago, i had no idea how serious it was until they told me.... the mor eyou walk around with it the worse its gonna get, youll prolly need surgery bro :(

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
Get it check out by a doctor. You don't want to risk the worst case scenario. BTW, I'm a Physical Therapist (in case you missed my handle). Let your doctor examine you and decide what to do next.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
OrthoPT said:
Get it check out by a doctor. You don't want to risk the worst case scenario. BTW, I'm a Physical Therapist (in case you missed my handle). Let your doctor examine you and decide what to do next.

great advice......

My wife is a graduate of MCV and has been doing PT 20 years!!! She's a professor who teaches at the hospital...

Y'all speak a VERY strange language!!!!!!

PT = Pain and Torture

PT = Physical Terrorist

LOL!!!! She told me those.... :D

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
sirknight6 said:
Hey Turd, send me a PM and I'll give you my number. Call, as my wife is a physical therapist.

Anyone else can as well.

Hmm...... I may have to take you up on this, as my knee is not showing any signs of getting better.......... and I'll be up in the NOVA area this weekend :think:

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
sirknight6 said:
great advice......

My wife is a graduate of MCV and has been doing PT 20 years!!! She's a professor who teaches at the hospital...

Y'all speak a VERY strange language!!!!!!

PT = Pain and Torture

PT = Physical Terrorist

LOL!!!! She told me those.... :D
Yeah, we all go into it thinking we just want to help people as much as we can, but it's not until later that we realize that in order to be really effective we have to be in touch with our "inner sadist", at least a little. :evil: