Quantcast

broken colar bone

onetime

Monkey
Aug 31, 2004
in a pond
Yes, I broke my collar bone at the Deer Valley national. No more ridding till august. I went off the big retaining wall jump at the bottom, and hit my back wheel on one of the steps on the way down. I was wearing the new Fox launch suite, and the strap that is supposed to hold the shoulder to the rest of the body pulled out. It was only sewed through the material seam, not any thing more substantial. I'm not saying that this is why my bone broke, but the strap obviously didn't do it's job, and may have prevented the break had it stayed on. Deffinately something to look out for when buying boby armor.
So, I'll see you guys around in the shed, if only to do some shuttling. --Hillary

farrell

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
DC
I've broken my colar bone twice, you should be ok. cant wait to hit up e with you again. get better quick so we can hit up the shed

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
That sucks!

I broke mine awhile back, and it sucks, but, like everything else, you'll get over it.

Heal up quick, and don't get on the bike too soon, it will only hinder your healing (I know from experiance :D)

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Damn that sucks sorry to hear.

Those straps though i think are meant for dislocations their really isnt any clavical protection on any armor these days.

heal quick!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
onetime said:
Yes, I broke my collar bone at the Deer Valley national. No more ridding till august. I went off the big retaining wall jump at the bottom, and hit my back wheel on one of the steps on the way down. I was wearing the new Fox launch suite, and the strap that is supposed to hold the shoulder to the rest of the body pulled out. It was only sewed through the material seam, not any thing more substantial. I'm not saying that this is why my bone broke, but the strap obviously didn't do it's job, and may have prevented the break had it stayed on. Deffinately something to look out for when buying boby armor.
So, I'll see you guys around in the shed, if only to do some shuttling. --Hillary
Let me be the first to welcome you to the Broken Clavicle Club. I broke mine about a month ago (2nd time in 6 mos) I now have a titanium plate and screws holding it together. Sorry to hear you had to join our club...don't worry, there's lots of mtbers in it.

Paris

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
The Commonwealth
Hil, sorry to hear that...just remember that biking will still be around when it heals (and it WILL)...know what it's like to be injured...it sux but hey...you'll be a better rider because of it...

see you at the shed...oh and eat something better than tv dinners for christ's sake!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Sorry to here it....Heal up quick!

You may want to consult with an attorney. I'm sure anyone of us would be willing to be a witness. I believe the going rate is 10%? :p

Hope ya feel better! :)

ROBdropGOboom

Monkey
Mar 1, 2004
near Fresno
Ooowee! Sorry to hear you broke your collarbone. Take it easy, heal up quick and strong. I figured I would have broke something the way I rode with you guys last November. Well if it helps, I've been stuck on a big stupid boat for 2 months now and 1 1/2 to go. Maybe I'll be around the shed this December. Late!

Rob :thumb:

onetime

Monkey
Aug 31, 2004
in a pond
sirknight6 said:
Sorry to here it....Heal up quick!

You may want to consult with an attorney. I'm sure anyone of us would be willing to be a witness. I believe the going rate is 10%? :p

Hope ya feel better! :)
Oh yea, you know it. I'm going after the mountain too. It's obviously their fault for putting that drop there. ;)

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
THAT'S HOT !!,Mike don't take that wrong. lol.
I wish I had footage of my most horrendous crashes.
It was good to see you at Blue Knob dispite not beeing able to race.
See Ya'll at the Nationals
Eric