broken right hands suck

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
TWISTED said:
looks like i'm out for a while :(

what do they say "two in the......."
tim
Ick! What exactly did you break?? Hey, at least it's not both hands right??
:)

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
DH Diva said:
Ick! What exactly did you break?? Hey, at least it's not both hands right??
:)
i broke my index finger's metacarpal sp? such a small bone, yet i'm very disabled from it.

i decided to get cocky and take my tiny little singlespeed hardtail with 1.85 x 24" bmx tires and just a marathon front fork out to the falls city trails. that's where many of the photos in my signature are from. i did all the jumps and stunts fine until the third time hitting the last jump on the dual slalom course, it's the largest double there. there is a sharp right hand berm directly after the landing. i landed squirrelly, couldn't make the corner, jumped the berm, and rag dolled into a pile of logs. i hit my head first, leaving a deep imprint on my forehead. my left hip is all screwed up. i also have many deep scrapes on my left shin from my pedal. :nope:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Snacks said:
I have a broken right arm, but I'm left handed! :p But doing everything with only one hand/arm does suck!
i'm right handed, so i've been forced to doing all my paperwork with my left hand. my penmanship really doesn't look that bad. in a month or so i bet it'll look really good.

it hurts to just touch my right hand.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Skookum said:
Timmmmaay!!!!!

Opposite hand always make it feel like someone else is doin it!!!! :evil:

:dancing: healin vibes for ya. :)
thanks. i rode up at mt hood last weekend and thought of you.

left handed butt wipe'n sucks! :help:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
TWISTED said:
thanks. i rode up at mt hood last weekend and thought of you.

left handed butt wipe'n sucks! :help:
He wiped with his thumb and pulled out a plumb... hehe

Yah i got some gettin even with that trail to do. i'll wait til you get healed up and we can shuttle up there. This time no broken bones. :)

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I broke my left collarbone and had to do everything right handed. But being a lefty you learn to be amphibious...I mean ambidextrous.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
thanks everyone.
i went to the real doctor today, he said it's a spiral fracture all the way around, but it's still straight. he gave me a real pretty purple cast :thumb:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
TWISTED said:
thanks everyone.
i went to the real doctor today, he said it's a spiral fracture all the way around, but it's still straight. he gave me a real pretty purple cast :thumb:
Did you keep your "shocker"?? You shoulda had ribs added......

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
oly said:
Did you keep your "shocker"?? You shoulda had ribs added......
the doc threw out the old one.
my new cast reminds me of the old bat man's gauntlet. i'm thinking about adding those "fin" things like he had.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I pulled the same move.
Whistler opening day this season. 1.95 tires. 4" travel manitou black. Small planet x bommer hardtail. Dirt merchant. Good thing I was wearing a full face because there are four fractures in the carbon fiber.