Quantcast

broken spoke

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
hey guys so what did you think of the"downhill" race at broken spoke? those hills killed. i wish i had like a 4x bike for um. any one go?

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I was a volunteer, looked like people were ready to pass out at the finish line, or at least they were pretty tired. I thought the festival as a whole for it being the first year was pretty good. :)

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
I was there as part of the timing crew, so missed out on the course stuff. But M.P. and the rest of the crew did a ****load of work pulling this off. Props to them!!

Honeywell

Monkey
Sep 21, 2001
Bellingham
riverside73 said:
I was there as part of the timing crew, so missed out on the course stuff. But M.P. and the rest of the crew did a ****load of work pulling this off. Props to them!!
A **** load of work is right. Sure everything didn't go as planned, but you gotta make do with what you got, and that they did.

I was always one to b*tch about the WIM series, they could do this or that better, shuttles sucked, blah blah blah... But I'll tell you, knowing how much behind the scenes work went on to put on this festival was a real eye opener.

It's a learning experience, and I'm sure the Broken Spoke team has learned a lot; which should make the festival in the years to come run that much smoother. To try to organize an event that large for the first time was quite the undertaking.

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Major props to everyone involed. Got to see a bunch of people we hadn't seen in a while and meet a ton of new folks.For a first time event it went well and the volunteers did work their butts off( MP, the Clan Budsworth and rest.) Thanks for the event everyone. There was a bunch of 1st time riders there and just as important were the 1st time spectators.

Mut

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
Renton, WA
Thanks to everyone involved for putting on a good event close to home. (shame on those who didn't show) Hopefully next year the course won't be the Kamikaze of B-ham, but it was still a fun time. How about those $1 beers! Anyone see that guy wearing womans lycra in the dh?

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Mut said:
Thanks to everyone involved for putting on a good event close to home. (shame on those who didn't show) Hopefully next year the course won't be the Kamikaze of B-ham, but it was still a fun time. How about those $1 beers! Anyone see that guy wearing womans lycra in the dh?
Yeah, he had nice legs! :heart: I bought him a beer later! :D

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Mut said:
(shame on those who didn't show)
Some of us had other obligations that couldn't be avoided.....work.... :mumble:
Mut said:
Anyone see that guy wearing womans lycra in the dh?
I thought Bibs was still only taking pictures......... :confused:

Wish I could have gone but.........

Sounds like good times were had and good first effort by those who put this event together. Looking forward to next years event :thumb: :thumb:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
evilbob said:
I thought Bibs was still only taking pictures......... :confused:
He didn't even show! :confused:

Hopefully someone got some pictures. That outfit was so funny! I bet it shaved off 5 seconds! :D Maybe if he would have shaved his legs he could have shaved off another 5!

ggrubb

Monkey
Jul 3, 2002
Endub Empire
MUTOLI said:
Hopefully someone got some pictures. That outfit was so funny! I bet it shaved off 5 seconds! :D Maybe if he would have shaved his legs he could have shaved off another 5!
Some grabs of the Spandex Master.......

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
You have got to be kidding! Evan Mutari wore the full skinsuit with no visor? Please tell me those grabs from Greg were digitally altered. I couldn't make the race but I was told there was some super hot 15 year old girl that killed it in a skinsuit!

Wait a minute.

I think that super hot 15 year old girl was Evan Mutari!

I gotta' go throw up!

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
ggrubb said:
Some grabs of the Spandex Master.......
WTF, brokenspoke was in Europe?!@?!?! ;) J and I stopped by on our way up to the shore...that was a great setting to have the race in. It looked like a nice place for newbs like me to get our feet wet(well maybe a bit unchallenging but fun)

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Matt and the crew are to be congratulated for doing one helluva job in organizing the Broken Spoke. I am only looking at it from the cross country side of things but it was probably the best organized race this year. Unfortunately the turnout was low contnuing a pattern that I have followed through four races starting last July. Olympia, Winthrop, Ephrata and now B'ham all had great races with low turnouts. The only races that have done well have been part of a series and are run in April, May or June. I would love to see the Spoke come back next year as part of whatever series is run. Looking back on the Indie Series they could easily run a race every two weeks starting the first week of April and ending the first week in July.

Ridemonkey Logan Wetzel scorched the course despitel having a flat tire and won the open expert division. I managed to stay out of DFL. Thank you "Walla Walla". :)