Quantcast

Broken

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Dude that sucks... not to make you feel any worse but I broke my collarbone the same way (my xrays look very similar to yours) and it took a month before I took my sling off. It was two before I could bike again, and even then my collarbone was still sore when I moved my arm quickly.

But anyway... have fun with vicodin and pillows. Healing vibes!

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
dont worry, im not gonna rush to get riding. i'll give it extra time, then ease my way back in. thats what i did when ibroke my leg... 2 years ago today... hmmm, strange

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
arboc! said:
dont worry, im not gonna rush to get riding. i'll give it extra time, then ease my way back in. thats what i did when ibroke my leg... 2 years ago today... hmmm, strange

Thats a little odd............ Now you've got me wondering when my two year anniversary for my collarbone is!

I think a month is pushing it a bit as well....... collarbones SUCK!

here is my advice: don't laugh, lay down, stand up, or breathe. Thats what hurt mine! :D

Healing vibes to ya, and don't worry, in a month or two, you can show that double who's boss!

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
BigMike said:
Healing vibes to ya, and don't worry, in a month or two, you can show that double who's boss!
thats the only weird thing. i was a fairly small double (10ft gap), ive done way bigger, it just kicked me weird
edit: pain pills are teh sh1t

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
arboc! said:
thats the only weird thing. i was a fairly small double (10ft gap), ive done way bigger, it just kicked me weird
edit: pain pills are teh sh1t

Sometimes Sh!t just happens. My buddy broke his leg 3 weeks ago making a left turn. He's the only person I've met that has broken a bone JRA.

He was coming into a 6 pack we have built, and the run in is kinda weird. You pedal hard, come into a berm and go down a tiny little hill and then into the jumps. Well, he's a BMXer turned MTBer and hasnt been on a BMX in a long long time. He borrowed someones BMX bike, his pedal clipped the ground coming down the hill, and bam, broke his leg.