Quantcast

Bromont Bike Park and pics

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Rode at Bromont Saturday, turned out it was the opening of the their new bikepark!!! It was really fun and I only got one run down because my pedal broke, motivated me to break out the camera though, enjoy!

I'll post some more soon that I've been editing... That is all.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i think that's the new drop on the old WC course? the 1st pic is the jump coming out of the woods, and then you cross the ski slope, and once back in the woods there is an up to that drop.

where's the hip jump (last pic)?

HypNoTic

Man Whore
Aug 3, 2004
Montreal, Qc
How many of you heard of Mont Blanc (White Mountain), north of Montreal?

It just openend last weekend and looks like Bromont will get their ass served on a plate shortly if they don't invest for bikes very soon. Pics available on Eastsidefreeride.com and DHRacer.com.

Sorry for the thread hijack - i'm just another local annoyed by the innactivity of Bromont regarding trail development...

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
The hip jump is on the trail that leads to the bike park, bling bang I think but don't quote me. Its super fun, you go up a skinny onto a long platform that shoots you across a ski trail into that hip/step up and into the woods. Bromont is on the up for investing in Dh. High speed running all the time w/ better bike racks and tons of new berms and features on trail. I spoke with trail crew and there is more to come. I'd lik to try that other place north of the city, is there a review up yet??

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
HypNoTic said:
How many of you heard of Mont Blanc (White Mountain), north of Montreal?

It just openend last weekend and looks like Bromont will get their ass served on a plate shortly if they don't invest for bikes very soon. Pics available on Eastsidefreeride.com and DHRacer.com.

Sorry for the thread hijack - i'm just another local annoyed by the innactivity of Bromont regarding trail development...
Except they only have 2 downhill/freeride runs, and a 1 4x style course. Not exactly handing bromont anything.

S.G.D

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver
Transcend said:
Except they only have 2 downhill/freeride runs, and a 1 4x style course. Not exactly handing bromont anything.
dude, mont blanc is the bomb.

you have no idea untill you ride there.

one run is steep, fast and gnar and the other is super flow, bermy and amazingly fun. me and brown did 6 runs on the bermy trail and we couldn't get enough.

S.G.D

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver
man, bromont gets boring after a while. riding it 40 times a year for free is awesome, but mont blanc is a wicked change.

i talked to the manager/owner and hes going to be doing some wicked stuff with that place.

S.G.D

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver
it's only 25, but if you choose to buy a seasons pass they take off your day pass price if you have already bought one.

pretty rad.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
i agree on bromont getting old.

i pretty much go there to keep me from being off my bike, the trails arent all that fun anymore since little maintenance has been done, if they cut new trails i would be there more often.

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
I probably would have agreed with Bromont getting old last year but I feel like they have stepped it up rthis year. The bike park along with that neqw trail withe big berms that rockymt21 took that footage of teh Trumpores on are both seriously fun and the trail crew guy said there's more to come, plus the high speed lift running all the time, putting those bike attachments on was a big investment, I think they are quite expensive. I would like to check out Blanc, do they run only weekends?

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
narlus said:
i wished i lived close enough so that bromont would get old. :(
no kidding..

Other than the SRAM a few weeks ago - haven't been on my DH bike since like Feb. :( Man I hope North Star re-opens next year. I mean it's not keeping me off my bike since I'm probably riding more now than I ever have - but I wouldn't mind being able to hit a chairlift assisted mounting every now and again.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
MMike said:
'stie d' tapette! Eat some gravy!!
okay...I'm already way over my daily post allowance.

but..

si tu te calm pas - la prochaine fois qu'on va s'voir tu va avoir un tite visite de mes cinque tit frere. J'chu pas gros, mais j'tappe dure ;)