Quantcast

Brook Macdonald Signs for Trek

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I never really got the "one jersey is uglier then the other" thing. They all look pretty stupid and peacockin whats the scale for ugly? How does one measure how much stupider looking one jersey is then another? I think everybody agrees that the yellow and green lightening bolt TLD pajammas are the dumbest looking, but would you care to explain this one lee?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I never really got the "one jersey is uglier then the other" thing. They all look pretty stupid and peacockin whats the scale for ugly? How does one measure how much stupider looking one jersey is then another? I think everybody agrees that the yellow and green lightening bolt TLD pajammas are the dumbest looking, but would you care to explain this one lee?
Yup, everyone agrees.
Thats why the yellow and green shocker kit sold out in 2 months! Pink and white shocker did surprisingly well too, but...'everyone agreed'! lol. Even better was predator this year, when Brendog starting wearing it, fun to watch the sales numbers tick up when the boys run the fun stuff at the races. We make a couple wild kits every season, but the bulk of the TLD line is clean designs, in popular color ways. Its all fun stuff, lighten up man.

Gwin could have gone to any brand to sign a deal, same with Hill, Fairclough, Brosnan, Semenuk, Zink, etc...I get hit up by every pro on the circuit, cause you know, 'everyone agrees'.

Brendog in the wild Predator kit:

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Yup, everyone agrees.
Thats why the yellow and green shocker kit sold out in 2 months! Pink and white shocker did surprisingly well too, but...'everyone agreed'! lol. Even better was predator this year, when Brendog starting wearing it, fun to watch the sales numbers tick up when the boys run the fun stuff at the races. We make a couple wild kits every season, but the bulk of the TLD line is clean designs, in popular color ways. Its all fun stuff, lighten up man.

Gwin could have gone to any brand to sign a deal, same with Hill, Fairclough, Brosnan, Semenuk, Zink, etc...I get hit up by every pro on the circuit, cause you know, 'everyone agrees'.

haha I know, I see it all over the mountain, one of my best riding buddies has that one and I give him crap for it constantly. I don't really get why its trendy in either moto or bikes, but I guess it is, and somebody is gonna fill the market to give the people what they want. Opinions are like assholes, and I've got an exceptionally strong one when it comes to shoving sh1t out.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Yup, everyone agrees.
I like to disagree with the 'bulk is clean design'. I really like the tech features on your gear but often not being able to get them in decent designs/colors has kept me off them (I am using D2s though). And I have nothing against loud colors, but it somehow does not looks classy IMO. The midnight black is great, more of that. And some classy stuff like the Palmer replica helmet (which was loud, but in a good way). Also, why use so many light colors and white? We are riding in the dirt, stuff gets muddy (maybe not in SoCal).
And what is that kit in your avatar? That looks not bad.

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
Enough of the kit talk already! All Troy Lee gear looks good as all the other companies look **** haha back to the topic short sleeves, alpinestar pads, and flat peddles who else can it be ?

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I think the Trek kit looks pretty sharp, but then I also wish OF3 would come back to DH.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Look at the f ing eyebrows its not Gwin and I don't think Neko is rocking a Redbull lid yet.

Edit: and the jokley goggles. Gwin is a smart man and rocks proper eyewear from Smith

Last edited:

Jonnyc

Chimp
Oct 20, 2005
Yup, everyone agrees.

Maybe it's because people are great at making poor choices, why is Keeping Up With The Kardashians one of the highest rated shows? $hit sells well.

I love sitting at T.O.P in laguna listening to people make fun of Dher's dressed like tards when they ride by.
Ninja Turtle is a common one

I found a few spy photos of TLD and FOX 2013 kits.

bb.jpgbbbb.jpgaaaa.jpgloudmouth-golf-pants.jpg

Last edited:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Maybe it's because people are great at making poor choices, why is Keeping Up With The Kardashians one of the highest rated shows? $hit sells well.

I love sitting at T.O.P in laguna listening to people make fun of Dher's dressed like tards when they ride by.

I found a few spy photos of TLD and FOX 2013 kits.

View attachment 112872View attachment 112873View attachment 112874View attachment 112875
The ball is now in TLD's court, are they going to run with it? :think:

squiby

Chimp
Jul 26, 2010
^^That was some crash! I was suprised he got up after. He can sure take a hit.

Good to see Brook with TWR. There's no denying that is a race winning team. Hope this throws him right in the mix for the top spot with Gwinn, Minnar and Hill. Can't wait for the racing to start!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

I just wear it to piss off the fashion police. I may be out of shape, banged up from crashes but a few cheerful looks in the lift line and I'm better. I really like how RM slowly becomes a dh hipster forum. If it's popular = we hate it ;)

StyledAirtime

Monkey
May 24, 2006
NewZealand
"I love sitting at T.O.P in laguna listening to people make fun of Dher's dressed like tards when they ride by.
Ninja Turtle is a common."

So you sit there with others judging people as they ride their bike and enjoy their day . Your awesome.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Damn, I haven't seen this much hate in one thread since the last time a riding video came out and people b*tched about the soundtrack not being all ac/dc

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Damn, I haven't seen this much hate in one thread since the last time a riding video came out and people b*tched about the soundtrack not being all ac/dc

You have it all wrong it's BC/DC. If you are not Canadian you will never understand the Canadian mind.

The first chain smoke had a killer soundtrack!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Jon let the kids get there anger out its the Ridemonkey winter DH depression. Happens every year.

Do Sombrio sponsor any teams I have always liked their stuff?