Quantcast

Brosnan Scores Another Top 10 Result

Oct 20, 2009
<p>Specialized's Troy Brosnan scored an 8th place finish to end the World Cup Season. With this race, Brosnan moves up into 7th in the overall World Cup standing. Teammate Aaron Gwin is still out with a shoulder injury and Mitch Ropelato headed home to prepare for the Redbull Rampage in Utah.</p><p>
</p><p>
The weather threatened all week in Austria, with morning practice session usually getting underway under cold and foggy conditions, with intermittent rain. By afternoon the skies cleared and the sun shone brightly warming things up substantially. The bike park style race track had numerous new sections in the trees re-routed, and the fresh dirt chewed up quickly, exposing roots and creating large holes. By race day, the track that most riders had initially panicked, was running quickly and offered a challenge to even the fittest rider.</p><p>
</p><p>
Brosnan was pleased with the week's effort. " This week was sick. The top section I just kinda smashed through all of the holes and the pedal I felt like I was going as fast as I could. I was trying to hang it out in the last bit, but apart from that I pinned it to the bottom. I overshot the last jump by about a million miles. I ended up 8th today and 7th overall. It's great for next season, I'm going to come back and go faster!"</p><p>
</p><p>
Troy now heads home to relax and prepare for an urban race in Mexico in October as well as the Australian national rounds.</p>

More...