Quantcast

Brought my new baby home today

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side

I love how Mr. GG keeps saying it's my car. I will let him drive I think.

Kid #2. "Wow mom, you think it's red enough?"

Trailwork tomorrow. I guess I'll have to break it in to muddy pulaskis sometime. I get my roof rack during the week.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
This car has so many features.... it's even got a headlight leveler so that if I have 4 people in it you push a little switch to level the headlights correctly.

Now if I could just find the instructions to get the garage clicker to talk to the buttons on the mirror...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
This car has so many features.... it's even got a headlight leveler so that if I have 4 people in it you push a little switch to level the headlights correctly.

Now if I could just find the instructions to get the garage clicker to talk to the buttons on the mirror...
I guess a HL leveler is easier than a "whole car" leveler :biggrin:

PS. check to see (if it didn't come with it) if the dealer has a plastic trunk liner you can pick up for it! I have one for my subie, and don't know how I would manage without it!

Man do I like te look of that car! nice pick GG!

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Nice car! One of my coworkers bought one, he has been really happy with it.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Pretty sporty. I think you're having a mid life crisis. :p
Hmm, hadn't thought of it that way. It was more like, since we are taking the new car plunge...
"might as well get a nice trim level" (gotta have those heated seats!)
"might as well get a 5 speed"
limited color choice in the 5 speed GT, red or white. Red of course.

:busted::busted:

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Looks good GG but after the fuel efficiency talk why a roof rack? Hitch rack would be better I would think.
oh yeah. Hmm. But I have to carry my bikes and skis!!

I already own two different strap type racks but I hate them because you can't open the back door. I've always saved them for shuttle days when you have to take as many people and bikes as possible.

A hitch rack would completely negate the whole image thing of a red GT.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
oh yeah. Hmm. But I have to carry my bikes and skis!!

I already own two different strap type racks but I hate them because you can't open the back door. I've always saved them for shuttle days when you have to take as many people and bikes as possible.

A hitch rack would completely negate the whole image thing of a red GT.
Had a strap type years ago and yeah, they're pretty much terrible. Have had a truck or SUV since so a bed or hitch rack was the way to go (skis fit inside the SUV). Considered a sportier car purchase last year and just couldn't stomach a roof rack on anything I looked at and a couple didn't have hitches available to fit and still allow ground clearance.

With the fairing the hit to mpg might not be too bad.

Enjoy the new ride!