Quantcast

Brown Mountain ORV Park

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
So actually it was pretty fun. The climb up to the top was a bit boring as its fire road all the way but after that it was a lot of fun.

We road 1 to 8 to 7 to 6 to 5 to 4 to 1 to 9 and then down to the parking lot. 9 was a blast. 7 and 5 were technical singletrack with a ton of slickrock. The leaves were deep which led to some oh sh!t moments.

All in all a lot of fun. Don't know how much use it gets on weekends but we saw a single motorcycle when we started but then no one else. Afterwards we talked to an ATV rider who said 3 was a lot of fun on a bike as well.

wishihadmoney

Monkey
Dec 1, 2005
Boone, NC
gah its been so long since i rode up there. need to get back on the motorcycle. i do remember number 4 is a blast on a dirtbike. what kinda bike did u ride up there? cause im assuming theres a bunch of climbing

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
So actually it was pretty fun. The climb up to the top was a bit boring as its fire road all the way but after that it was a lot of fun.

We road 1 to 8 to 7 to 6 to 5 to 4 to 1 to 9 and then down to the parking lot. 9 was a blast. 7 and 5 were technical singletrack with a ton of slickrock. The leaves were deep which led to some oh sh!t moments.

All in all a lot of fun. Don't know how much use it gets on weekends but we saw a single motorcycle when we started but then no one else. Afterwards we talked to an ATV rider who said 3 was a lot of fun on a bike as well.
I think that is the route I have taken in the past. Where did you start from?

Basically you went up 1, turned left rode a bunch then descended to about 1/2 way down 1, climbed back up, but when you got to the top went straight until 1 turned into 9 and down?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I think that is the route I have taken in the past. Where did you start from?

Basically you went up 1, turned left rode a bunch then descended to about 1/2 way down 1, climbed back up, but when you got to the top went straight until 1 turned into 9 and down?
That's it. We started from that main parking lot. 1 was a bit of a grunt at the bottom but after awhile it eased up. Not as much fun as most of the other rides in the area but didn't need to shuttle which was ideal since there was only two of us.