Quantcast

Brown Santa

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
Cool bike.

What will your build be? Strictly off-road?

I'm thinking of a 29er to bridge the gap between a road bike and a moutnain bike. SS, mid-width tires, etc.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Sweet, Tim.

Have fun building that thing.

Looking forward to your comments on it. Let me know if you want to hit up and after work ride sometime. I'm still heading out there in the evenings a few nights a week.

Enjoy.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Rigid and strictly dirt.

Peter: I wish I was riding it already. The deal with the Mrs. was that it would be a winter project and I would pay with cash on hand, no credit cards. Thankfully Xmas and my birthday are coming up.

What nights do you typically ride? It's been too long since I've been out.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Yeah, I was curious as well as to which fork you were putting on there.

I've been riding there pretty much every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but it looks like the Wednesday thing may end when daylight savings hits as it's not one of the 'legal' night ride nights.

I'd like to try to keep it up as it gets colder and darker. The new trails seem to be draining a lot better than those of old, so it may get ridden throughout the winter. (hoping)

I've still been pretty much keeping to the SS, though I did finally build my FS back up for a ride.

Let me know. I'll probably be back there again on Monday assuming the weekend doesn't flood the place.

I'll be over at 495 tomorrow morning helping with the jump maintainence and was thinking about working at Fountainhead on Sunday if I can't ride.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
ridetoofast said:
did you mean to say horizontal dropouts or am i missing something???
Nope. Look again at the third picture. It's a vertical dropout that slides in a horizontal slot. Once tension is right, tighten up the bolts and set the tug, and you're set.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
BikeGeek said:
Nope. Look again at the third picture. It's a vertical dropout that slides in a horizontal slot. Once tension is right, tighten up the bolts and set the tug, and you're set.
thats hot

but i dont really understand 29ers, whats the point...i mean what r they for?

and when u say strictally dirt for ur use what do u mean? like dirt jumps or dirt roads or trail, what?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
formermtboarder said:
but i dont really understand 29ers, whats the point...i mean what r they for?
I've only been on one once, but I liked it. It was easier to roll through rocky and rooty stuff. It was much more stable. Bigger wheels mean more tire on the ground...I was able to take corners much faster.

I meant to say strictly XC.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Agentorangemen said:
So you going to use that to finish the SSWC05 course?
Nice.

What's up, man?

We need to get back up there and ride that thing at our own pace.

How's everything going up there?

Nov 4, 2003
Sorry to Hijack Tim, but I'm sure you're reading this anyway... Things are going good. The graduate work has picked up and now with daylight savings and hunting season there is no more riding of the local gamelands with endless unmarked trails that really flow on a SS. Rothrock has some sections of trails closed, mainly Lon Berger for logging, so I haven't made it back up there lately. Hopefully next Spring everything will be back to normal at Rothrock and we can get together to finish the course.
Tim how did the Oatmeal Stout that you made come out? I just picked up a case of Troegs Oatmeal Stout and it is delicious. I still have a bottle of your first homebrew sitting in the fridge waiting for the end of the semester... Keep in touch guys, and Tim keep us updated on Operation 29er .

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Oh yeah, and Tim, on a side-jack,... Tony and I will be hitting up the trails tonight if you're interested. Not long, probably meet around 6:00 and ride for an hour and a half or so... Let me know if you're in.

(You know, I never saw a thread about that we spoke about in the lot last week. any news?)

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Hey Kyle, good to hear from you. Hopefully I'll have this thing together by the time your trails are back together. No way I'm letting that mountain kick my ass again. The stout turned out great. I've been trying to save some for some friends here and trips to PA, but it's not working out. I'll have to brew up another batch. :)