Quantcast

Brown trouser moment

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
My god did i have a brown trouser moment today or what so i was driving through a village called tur langton and i was coming into this corner at about 30mph and all of a sudden the rear end of my car decided it didn't want to go in a straight instead it decided to do 2 360's in the road with me screaming thank the lord no one was coming the over way

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
ukjason said:
I was wearing shorts

Brown trouser moment is just a phrase
It's a reference to an amusing anecdote about Admiral Lord Nelson, something to the effect:

Nelson is walking the quarterdeck (or some similarly nauty activity) when the lookout calls down from his crow's nest high above:

"Admiral Nelson! Admiral Nelson! there's twenty French frigates to port!"

At which the great man calls Hardy over and says "Hardy, go and fetch me my red jacket so that if I am wounded in the coming fight the men won't see the blood and be disheartened."

[Aloft:] "Admiral Nelson! Admiral Nelson! There's another twenty French frigates to starboard!"

"Oh and Hardy, while you're at it, bring me my brown trousers."

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Nobody said:
It's a reference to an amusing anecdote about Admiral Lord Nelson, something to the effect:

Nelson is walking the quarterdeck (or some similarly nauty activity) when the lookout calls down from his crow's nest high above:

"Admiral Nelson! Admiral Nelson! there's twenty French frigates to port!"

At which the great man calls Hardy over and says "Hardy, go and fetch me my red jacket so that if I am wounded in the coming fight the men won't see the blood and be disheartened."

[Aloft:] "Admiral Nelson! Admiral Nelson! There's another twenty French frigates to starboard!"

"Oh and Hardy, while you're at it, bring me my brown trousers."
Thanks Claven! :thumb: :D