Quantcast

Brraaaaap!

Super-man

Chimp
Jun 20, 2005
Orem, UT
Someone help me out here.
Why does everyone make moto sounds when we are riding mountain bikes? My DH bike is heavy, but last time I checked it didn't have a engine...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Super-man said:
Someone help me out here.
Why does everyone make moto sounds when we are riding mountain bikes? My DH bike is heavy, but last time I checked it didn't have a engine...

Duh! Because baseball cards on a downhill bike don't stay on when you ride....jeese..... :rolleyes:

:p

Super-man

Chimp
Jun 20, 2005
Orem, UT
James | Go-Ride said:
Shaun Palmer.
You lost me on that one.

Seriously though, most everyone is making these moto sounds all over the places, especially at races. Do these people just not have enough money to buy a dirt bike? (not that they are that much more expensive then DH bikes)
I personally switched over to DH biking from moto and one of the reasons was the noise. Anyone else with me on this one?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Super-man said:
You lost me on that one.

Seriously though, most everyone is making these moto sounds all over the places, especially at races. Do these people just not have enough money to buy a dirt bike? (not that they are that much more expensive then DH bikes)
I personally switched over to DH biking from moto and one of the reasons was the noise. Anyone else with me on this one?

To be honest, i dont know. Its just one of those things you do when racing, I personally like to yell, "Holllaaaaa!"

Heck, ive never even riden a motorcycle, but they do kinda smell bad, but then again, so do my riding buddys.

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
Super-man said:
You lost me on that one.

Shaun Palmer was one of the last Americans to be super-competitive in international DH racing. He peaked around 1999, although it was either '96 or '97 worlds when he lost first place to zillion-time World Champ Nico Va...very hard to remember how to spell him name . . . by five thousandths of a second. Anyway, he was one of the first guys in the US to be super fast on a DH bike while sporting tons of tattoos, was very outspoken, and arrived in time to coincide with what was arguably the peak of DH racing in the US. He's also qualified for Supercross mains (125 LA 2000, I believe), has won virtually ever boarder-X event on the planet (and a couple of X-Games skier-X event to boot), and is/was generally a badass that supposedly didn't train at all. A lot of people didn't like him because they thought he brought what they alledged was negative publicity to the sport. Anyway, when he was racing, most of the US DH scene more or less regarded him as the best thing to ever happen to DH, and since he was a regular figure on the MX scene, he's sometimes equated with the whole braap thing. He's also still referenced by people (including myself, admittedly) as a reason why you don't need clipless pedals to race downhill at the highest levels of competition.

Mostly, though, I was just making a silly comment that should not have warranted an explanation this lengthy and wordy. My apologies.