Quantcast

Bruises?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I'm sure we all get bruises riding our bikes, but what about a really really really bad one?

I fell riding XC up at Whistler a week ago Monday and it's still very painful and swollen. It looks like I have a 3rd a$$ cheek and I can't bend my leg enough to get a full pedal stroke with out almost falling over in pain.

How big and painful is too big and painful? Is it something worth visiting the doctor for?

Thanks, Snacks.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Damn - sounds like you'd be better off dating Bobby Brown... :p

Snacks said:
I'm sure we all get bruises riding our bikes, but what about a really really really bad one?

I fell riding XC up at Whistler a week ago Monday and it's still very painful and swollen. It looks like I have a 3rd a$$ cheek and I can't bend my leg enough to get a full pedal stroke with out almost falling over in pain.

How big and painful is too big and painful? Is it something worth visiting the doctor for?

Thanks, Snacks.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I should have known you two would turn this into something nasty!! :p

You have know idea how many people have pulled me aside and asked if I want to 'talk' about what's going on at home :rolleyes:

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I'm guessing its right on your hip? My experience with bruises in that area is that they last for a looooonnng time :mumble: . I had one way back when I was a pretty young pup and it was there for months. I had the doc check it out just in case and he said it would last much longer than I would ever think...and it did. :mad: stoopid bruises...Im nursing one on my shin that will be 4 weeks :eek: this Saturday and is still very painful. Imagine full on dh run speed and stopping in aproximately 1.78943 inches with nothing but your shin. I went to the doc for fear of a busted leg. I should have "around six months" of pain in the area to look forward to.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Snacks said:
You have know idea how many people have pulled me aside and asked if I want to 'talk' about what's going on at home :rolleyes:
haha, my ex-wife and i did martial arts together, she loved getting bruises and beating people up in the school. People would ask her if I was hitting her and she'd laugh.

For your bruises, try a topical oinment called Arnaflora (sp?). It helps the healing process and the discomfort.