Quantcast

Brungeman and Manhattan Muddy Northeast ride pics.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Here are a bunch from our past 3 rides...its nasty out there right now :looney:
Special thanks to brungeman for shooting a bunch of these...Enjoy.

Brungeman

Gameface

Thumbs down to North East mud.

Log Series

I thought i was to good for this drop and it almost killed me (muddy aproach)

2nhyne

36 fo life chall

muddy bike clean car

Getting on

Cold Saturday Ride

i dunno me again

log

Younger Manhattan

Little Teeter

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Curb Hucker said:
Do you usually rep the Hollister cowboy shirt when riding :weee: ?
that is so funny because that shirt is from holister, and i got it in me that i was not going to wear riding clothes yesterday, so usually, no. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
You guys win the best dressed biking oscar for your button down long sleeve plaid shirt.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
as far as mud goes these trails were the muddiest they have been in as long as I can remember... we stayed off of most of the trails where we thought our riding would be detrimental to the trails... but in some cases we were riding sweet dry trails and come around a switchback to "quickmud"... We cut our ride short because we didn't think it would be right to F'up the trails...

I will tell you this though the people riding horses have a lot of F'ing nerve when they complain about us on the trails... on the one connecting trail... it looked like a rototiller went through where the damn horses went through:mumble:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
ahhh there you are man...thanks for hooking up the pics...I need to set you up with an ftp so you can send me them via my server.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
stosh said:
You guys win the best dressed biking oscar for your button down long sleeve plaid shirt.
Next time you should really try a nice bootlace tie, it'll put you over the top..... "pardner".:monkey:

Looks like some fun stuff, we have a short teeter here too. Steep short incline, can't go too fast, you're way the hell up, then boom it drops ya. They're tricky little bastards as i can tell your photo is similiar to that one.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
splat said:
then can we call you Mid-atlantic ?
Too far from the coast. Western Pa is still hilly, the midwest doesn't start until the flat spots of Ohio. I'd say Pitt is in the mideast.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Skookum said:
Next time you should really try a nice bootlace tie, it'll put you over the top..... "pardner".:monkey:

Looks like some fun stuff, we have a short teeter here too. Steep short incline, can't go too fast, you're way the hell up, then boom it drops ya. They're tricky little bastards as i can tell your photo is similiar to that one.
that bollo is hysterical!!!:rofl:

Manhattan said to me as we were gettin ready... "You know... I am going anti riding clothes look today..." which was shortly after our conversation about how muddy it looked!!! I don't think he wanted to have to wash all his riding gear again... but he can coment further... all I know is there were some SUPER hot chicks at the park yesterday!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!! that is a huge benefit of the weather getting nicer!!!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Westy said:
Too far from the coast. Western Pa is still hilly, the midwest doesn't start until the flat spots of Ohio. I'd say Pitt is in the mideast.
that is funny a bunch of years ago my friend was going to race in Ohio, and convinced me to race also... in the back of my mind I was thinking this should be easy it is in Ohio!!! its all flat... I should be fine... well as we get into Souther Ohio the hills didn't stop and in fact some of the hills were like the killers we use as trainers... it was about 97 degrees in the shade, and when you left the shade about 105... nothin like pushin yourself as hard as you can up a long off camber grinder only to find the trail pop you out in a hayfield in the sun!!! yep it is funny how some peoples geographical and topographical impressions of places couldn't be further from reality!!! I know I had a rude awakening!!!:rolleyes:

where in VA are you? anytime you are up in the Western Pa area lets RIDE!!! We have some great stuff... (it sounds like you are familiar with our terrain!!! )

Palilla

Monkey
Jul 20, 2004
Nice pics man...only a few weeks and I'll be back in the scene. I can't wait to get back on western PA trails :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
brungeman said:
that is funny a bunch of years ago my friend was going to race in Ohio, and convinced me to race also... in the back of my mind I was thinking this should be easy it is in Ohio!!! its all flat... I should be fine... well as we get into Souther Ohio the hills didn't stop and in fact some of the hills were like the killers we use as trainers... it was about 97 degrees in the shade, and when you left the shade about 105... nothin like pushin yourself as hard as you can up a long off camber grinder only to find the trail pop you out in a hayfield in the sun!!! yep it is funny how some peoples geographical and topographical impressions of places couldn't be further from reality!!! I know I had a rude awakening!!!:rolleyes:

where in VA are you? anytime you are up in the Western Pa area lets RIDE!!! We have some great stuff... (it sounds like you are familiar with our terrain!!! )
I'm outside Charlottesville these days. I don't head up into Pittsburgh much anymore. I used to live in Cincinnati but traveled 40 weeks out of the year. I've pretty much been anywhere that has any major manufacturing. Of course wherever I go I check out the terrain for riding, your part of the world looks to have the potential for some great trails.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Palilla said:
Nice pics man...only a few weeks and I'll be back in the scene. I can't wait to get back on western PA trails :thumb:
Whats up! You gotta get up here and ride how bout this weekend? We are looking at a bunch of areas to build some elevated stuff...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Whats up! You gotta get up here and ride how bout this weekend? We are looking at a bunch of areas to build some elevated stuff...
hey when you get some time rotate my pics biatch!!!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
brungeman said:
hey when you get some time rotate my pics biatch!!!
go to hell...hahah :) . I dont have ftp access at work + im busy...

Bavington night ride tomorrow night, already talked to paul. You in?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:
go to hell...hahah :) . I dont have ftp access at work + im busy...

Bavington night ride tomorrow night, already talked to paul. You in?
Tuesday night? I guess!!! hell why not... I have no life anyways!!!:clue:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
neanderthal said:
Where in Pittsburgh were the pics taken? Some of them look like Hartwood Acres?
you got it... the teeter is North Park... the one build up with the plank and the one with him looking down the trail with snow on the ground is NP... the others are Hartwood... good call:thumb:

where in da burgh are you? what parks are you usually riding?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
neanderthal said:
Where in Pittsburgh were the pics taken? Some of them look like Hartwood Acres?
dood, get out and ride with us. We are riding bavington tonight in the dark...I think its gonna get spookey.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:
dood, get out and ride with us. We are riding bavington tonight in the dark...I think its gonna get spookey.
do you know who Neanderthal is? lets get some more people out to ride!!!