Quantcast

Bruno Pires with own ambitions for 2013

Oct 20, 2009
<p>Portuguese climber, Bruno Pires was a great support for Alberto Contador during this year's Vuelta a Espana and the slim, calm and always loyal rider showed great efforts on his own in races like Tour de Slovenie and Dauphiné Libéré.</p><p>
</p><p>
<b>What do you think about the teambuilding session?</b></p><p>
</p><p>
“For me the teambuilding session was very nice with a lot of new experiences. I think it's very important that we create a prober opportunity within the team in order to allowing the new guys to be integrated and make the transition easier for new members on the team. Besides, I love the Canáry Islands and the Anfi Group is a great place to be.”</p><p>
</p><p>
<b>What has been the greatest experience in the 2012 season?</b></p><p>
</p><p>
“No doubt, the greatest of great experiences was the Vuelta a Espana because the team really came together and worked hard and consistently to haul that beautiful win with Alberto. To stand on the podium with the red jersey after the final stage was a dream come true for all of us. We deserved that win."</p><p>
</p><p>
</p><p>
<b>Which result are you most proud of?</b></p><p>
</p><p>
“My best result was the Dauphiné Libéré, Tour de Slovenia and Tour de Pologne during the months of June and July. I was feeling really strong in this period and I had the opportunity to make a good result of my own and I think I did well finishing 15th overall in Dauphine and fourth in Slovenie. I truly enjoyed these races.”</p><p>
</p><p>
<b>How do you spend Christmas vacation?</b></p><p>
</p><p>
“Well, my wife, daughter and I will go to the home of my parents in Alentejo like every year. For me, Christmas is all about family and spending time with the loved ones and it's a good opportunity to unwind and prepare mentally for the hard work waiting in the months to come.</p><p>
</p><p>
<b>What do you hope for in 2013?</b></p><p>
</p><p>
“Generally, I take great pleasure in this job and so I want to continue being able to enjoy training, racing and I want to do my best for the people who believe in me. Besides, I want to improve, get stronger and if possible, get my first victory with the colors of Team Saxo Tinkoff on my back. Most importantly, I hope and believe that this group of riders can do very well in the season to come.”</p>

More...