Quantcast

Brushy peak looked innocent enough

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well it didn't looking like much more that a fast loop. I think I must have rattled my brain when I fell the other day because the west side trail climb kicked my arse. Yeah I'm older and out of shape but.... I didn't count on zero switchbacks for the first 2/3 of the climb. I was really thankful that my Trek Fuel has lock out on both the front and rear shock or I would have pushed a few more sections than I did. My new fitness goal is to climb this bastard with no dabs, stops, or hike a bikes.

It looks easy enough

hey I'm only 1/3 of the way up

getting into the single track

that killed me but I finally topped out

fun time

I felt Like Don Quixote

back home and it's time for a beer and a whole bunch of Ibuprofen

This was the first real trail ride I've done on the Fuel. So far I like it. I really do need to get a remote adjust seat post for it. I hate having to stop and raise or lower the seat

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Yup that hill is a bitch. But the top is a treat.

I've been attempting to clean that climb for a few months now. I don't know If I will ever get past that little chicane about 2/3 of the way up by the small creek crossing. Too many obstacles not enough momentum.

Disclaimer: There may be some fun riding which is not featured on the map :D

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Yup that hill is a bitch. But the top is a treat.

[

I've been attempting to clean that climb for a few months now. I don't know If I will ever get past that little chicane about 2/3 of the way up by the small creek crossing. Too many obstacles not enough momentum.

Disclaimer: There may be some fun riding which is not featured on the map :D

It was the steep straights that got me, the chicane was not bad at all

JiyaCamerl

Chimp
Jan 22, 2013
Surely, look one hell of a ride, the weather also look so good for a ride. First ride is the ride to remember.