Quantcast

brussels sprouts appreciation

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
fry bacon (cut lengthwise and in matchsticks)...remove, and drain.

in the remaining grease, fry up some chopped shallots...add brussel sprouts and stir for ~2 min...add in ~1 cup of chicken broth, simmer for ~10 min. add bacon...serve.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle

in the remaining grease, fry up some chopped shallots...add brussel sprouts and stir for ~2 min...add in ~1 cup of chicken broth, simmer for ~10 min. add bacon...serve.
That's exactly what I posted earlier, except with garlic instead of the shallots. Agree, they're awesome like that.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

sorta like the beer braised Brussels, replace stock with beer & braise in the oven. & I like my bacon in chunks. I have to be making sushi to have to matchstick something.

I saw a show last night where they drank brussel sprout liquor in Belgium. >.<
ugh.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Crema di Balsamico.
Over here you can buy it in a bottle but its also easy to make it yourself.

Just add 50gr of sugar to 100ml of Balsamic Vinagrette and slowly heat it up until it becomes like syrup.
Let it cool down and it turns into a super tasty balsamic creme thats super easy to use for just about anything.

It sticks way better to your salad then a vinagrette and its got more flavour.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Roast them in a Baking Pan coated with 1 cup of olive oil and couple of butter cubes (3 tbs). Finely chopped shallots in the pan also. 400 deg 25 minutes until they are sizzling in the pan. Turn down the heat (250) flip the sprouts and roast another 10 minutes. Leave the leaves that stick to the pan in the pan. Bake them at 400 deg or until they are crispy brown (about 10 minutes). Set them aside to compliment any salad.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Once, a very long time ago... in a restaurant, far, far way I was served a dessert of vanilla ice cream topped with balsamic vinegar. It was fucking awesome and I have never been the same.

Roasted brussels sprouts, good olive oil and salt are still the best I have tasted. This years sprouts have been good.

Last edited: