Quantcast

Buenos Días Sábado

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I did not have a good night sleep again. I have to cut down to no alcohol and get back to exercising again after some few hectic days and birthday parties. Here is to a good weekend to all of you!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Rain snow mix inbound = indoor projects today. Perhaps sand down the bathroom closet so it can be finished out? Maybe continue organizing crap in the basement and garage? We shall see!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Waking up at 3:18am to the sound of Layla getting ready to vomit, sleeping for 1hr, being woken by Hannah who wanted to sleep on our floor, then never getting back to sleep for another hour pretty well sucked.

Had 1-1 meeting with boss yesterday. He's still talking w/ VP about lead position promotion. Apparently they are still very scared that I'm going to leave. I reiterated to him again yesterday, that the only thing that will get me to leave, will be not getting paid more. He can't pay me more in my current position, so his only option is the promotion. And why would I leave if I don't have my CFP yet? That's tens of thousands of dollars added onto any job I decided to interview for. It's a waste to take a lateral/mild upward move external for negligible benefit (I took over 1.5mos off last year). He's going karting with Haley and me this morning, so we can talk about it some more then.

I get to take apart the dryer to fix it today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
/me is on call this weekend, which means 7-5 shifts that I'm doing from home. 1% chance I'll have to show my face in the hospital if there's a fluoro procedure that must be done but I'll take those odds.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It still don't feel like Spring. I had a chat with the boss yesterday to see how things are going. I was honest and said it's been pretty overwhelming but I've managed to section stuff out and get a good grasp on stuff. He was surprised by how much I've gotten done with near zero direction since day one. We laid out what I will look to tackle next and put a plan together.

I'm really liking this gig. I know it's weird to say but getting laid off was exactly what I needed. The wife still thinks it hilarious to see me working so hard considering she hasn't seen me do shit since COVID hit. :rofl:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney , Remind Haley not to kick his ass too hard!
Oh no. Ass whopping is coming in full effect. He's expecting to get his ass handed to him though. It's not like Wifey's boss who has a full sim rig at home that got obliterated by her. He wasn't ready for that.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
rainy. need to go pick up and install new battery for wife's highlander. also trim crepe myrtles back. maybe work on garage cleanup a bit. probably take 13yo to the gym later. coffee on the porch with gentle rain falling right meow. tomorrow need to get on the bike. it's been a few weeks, which is way too long.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Oh no. Ass whopping is coming in full effect. He's expecting to get his ass handed to him though. It's not like Wifey's boss who has a full sim rig at home that got obliterated by her. He wasn't ready for that.
ooh motion platform and all?!

that's on my long term list. like mortgages only thing remaining list.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
ooh motion platform and all?!

that's on my long term list. like mortgages only thing remaining list.
Not motion, but 3 monitors and on-demand steering wheel changing.

Putting Haley onto it was gold. He was showing us his setup and driving around the Monaco F1 track. He was driving one footed and you could tell he was struggling with keeping downforce in effect. She sat down and went straight to two feet - look on his face was :eek:. Took her about 5min to figure out the speed necessary to keep traction in the corners - no idea about down force, just how fast she had to go. A couple min later she broke his PR by like 10sec the first time she'd ever seen the track or used the system, then said she was bored and went to play foosball. We haven't been invited back since.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I have a fun ‘flying sucks, but this worked out‘ story.
So, we flew out of JH yesterday morning. We knew it would be tight, with just a 40 minute layover in Miami. (Miami airport is HUGE). Well, we were in the plane for an hour waiting for de-icing, our only real hope was that they held the connecting flight to Bogóta, but I didn’t think it was going to happen, certainly not with our luggage as well. We get to Miami, and the airport is shut down due to a ‘security incident’, another 40 minutes on the tarmac.
I couldn’t quite figure out our arrival gate and departure gate, thinking there was a mistake on the app, as the gates were the same. But really, we figured that ship had sailed, and we were looking for hotels in Miami in the meantime.
Well, slap my ass and call me Sally, out of every possible combination of planes flying in and out of Miami, we were already sitting on the plane GOING TO BOGÓTA.
What are the chances of that?
we had another hour on the tarmac trying to leave Miami, but we didn’t care, all was well.
Kind of ridiculous.
Crazy odds, as was the dude dying two rows behind me last October.
hunh.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have a fun ‘flying sucks, but this worked out‘ story.
So, we flew out of JH yesterday morning. We knew it would be tight, with just a 40 minute layover in Miami. (Miami airport is HUGE). Well, we were in the plane for an hour waiting for de-icing, our only real hope was that they held the connecting flight to Bogóta, but I didn’t think it was going to happen, certainly not with our luggage as well. We get to Miami, and the airport is shut down due to a ‘security incident’, another 40 minutes on the tarmac.
I couldn’t quite figure out our arrival gate and departure gate, thinking there was a mistake on the app, as the gates were the same. But really, we figured that ship had sailed, and we were looking for hotels in Miami in the meantime.
Well, slap my ass and call me Sally, out of every possible combination of planes flying in and out of Miami, we were already sitting on the plane GOING TO BOGÓTA.
What are the chances of that?
we had another hour on the tarmac trying to leave Miami, but we didn’t care, all was well.
Kind of ridiculous.
Crazy odds, as was the dude dying two rows behind me last October.
hunh.
NotBadObama.jpg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
got 9 hours of sleep. espresso is quite strong. I have a shitload of stuff to do on the camper but I'm going to wait until it warms up from 33F to build a new hitch extension, then I get to dump the waste tanks and do an oil change on the truck

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ran my half marathon in 1:31:30 this morning, so not quite the sub-90 minutes I was shooting for and I blame the 30 mph headwind the last three miles. I also got stuck in a goddamn hail storm the last mile. That was fuckin awful! Finished 11th overall out of maybe 250 people, and I was able to eke out the age group win by 22 minutes. Solid run!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Time to go sling some rings to happy couples. Or awful couples. Doesn’t really matter if it puts me a few moar steps closer to the AT. Muhahaha I will profit of your wedded bliss, suckers…