Quantcast

Buffalo Creek, CO - pics

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
No riding for me this weekend, but I did get out for a very nice hike with the wife and daughter down at Buffalo Creek. This is one of my favorite biking areas, located about a hour southwest of Denver. Miles and miles of rolling singletrack. Not a lot of really technical stuff, but plenty of climbs followed by awesome downhills. When I ride there, we usually put in about 25 miles and only cover about half the trails there. A lot of the area burned several years ago, but since we were on foot, we never made it over to any of the burned areas. Here are a few photos to give ya'll a good idea of the area.

Steph hiking along some beautiful Colorado singletrack:

Sharing a Luna Bar:

Me and Evy on a rocky outcrop:

Just a cool shot:

View of a small part of a burned area:

A couple of bikers:

Having lunch at the Bucksnort Saloon:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Here's a photo I found of the Bucksnort Saloon. This place is awesome. Only way to get there is if you know someone who's been before. Its tucked away in this tight canyon that's accessable only by this skinny 1 lane dirt road. Don't bring your credit cards, cause they don't take them. And don't expect to get in and out in a hurry. Things don't happen too fast at the Bucksnort.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Mmmm.......... Bucksnort.

Quality was down last time I visited, but the forest fire burger was still pretty tasty. :thumb:
I'm a big fan of their BLT with guacamole. It really hit the spot on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.