Quantcast

***Build Day at Country Park on Saturday*** last chance for dirt!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
So it's official. We are holding another huge workday at Country Park in Greensboro this weekend. The city has told us to use all of the dirt we can before they take it to another location for use. We'll have the dumptruck, city tractor, and my skid loader out there trying to knock out a few more jumps in the bottom (grassy area) and changing the wierd set at the far right from 3 jumps to 2 bigger ones...

We'll be maintaining everything we can and I'm gonna try and pitch the idea of adding a platform of dirt behind the BIG berm at the bottom so we can try tricks and such out of the berm(it's like a 1/4 pipe at the middle of the berm). It's gonna be great and we need as many people as we can get! The more people show up, the sooner it gets done and the sooner we can ride! PLEASE!!!!!!!!

ridemap.com

Chimp
Nov 22, 2005
2 things:

1. what time?

2. My dad has a CDL and can operate the dump truck and other gear as needed.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I think they are meeting around 9:30-10:00am. The dumptruck and tractor are going to be operated by some of the park staff. Thanks for offering though...hope to see ya there!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
good luck with your project and i hope you get a good turnout of workers. man i wish i could get a dumptruck full of dirt and a tractor down into my trails. the stuff i could build with that. oh well. guess we'll just have to stack rocks and "mortar" them in with what dirt we can scrounge. have fun and post pics. of the results.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
dhbuilder said:
good luck with your project and i hope you get a good turnout of workers. man i wish i could get a dumptruck full of dirt and a tractor down into my trails. the stuff i could build with that. oh well. guess we'll just have to stack rocks and "mortar" them in with what dirt we can scrounge. have fun and post pics. of the results.
thanks Joey. What did you do to dark hollow to make it more "rideable" for more people? That damn 150' of trail kicked my ass man.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
hey guys, hope you all had a good build day.....sorry i couldn't make it, .....been at the beach:D but i'll be sure to come ride asap and complain about how nothing was done right and how i could do it better ;)

ok...sarcasm over.

good on you to whomever came out to help.....maybe next time we have a work day we'll try to get it on a non-holiday weekend ;)

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
gastro said:
How did things turn out?
Beautiful. Didn't get everything we had planned finished, but still got a ton of work done. We added a new line coming off of the first two doubles, to the left of the next tabletop. It's another two small doubles, like the first two. We added about 3 more feet to the 6 pack on the far right side. Very nice now! Built up the tabletop in the middle that nobody was hitting, it has a really steep lip now and a very nice landing...They added a couple of lines off of the second tabletop. Hip lines that branch off the right of the jump into berms that shoot you towards other hips...really fun! Got started on another big tabletop perpendicular to the very last table at the bottom, to be hit coming off of the 6 pack line.

I think that's about it... :)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
man i can't wait to check it out! you think it'll be dry enough on wed afternoon? what needs work? i'm off and REALLY want to ride but i'll be glad to dig some to pay my dues since i missed the build day. i'll bring the shovel and maybe the boy to carry things :D

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I'll be out there Wednesday afternoon working out the kinks on the new jumps. By that I mean I'll probably be riding all afternoon if it's dry enough...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
it's in greensboro, prob 2+ hours from you. super fun place and all of these pics were from before this weeks work day so it's hella better now. you could make a decent day trip out of it...session CP for a while then head over to the cone jumps (5 min away) and then on your way back home on I-40, stop at salem for a little woods action. we could make it well worth your drive....u just have to promise not to bring cecil ;) :D
pm for exact directions if you're coming this way.

______
salem

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
santacruzed said:
Manimal....met u at sugar this year.......really like to meet up with you guys sometime and hit CP and Salem.....we're from hky

werd...are you the dude that let me borrow the chain tool? if so, i gave to to a friend of yours that said he knew you well....hope it got back to you, if not, let me know and i'll buy you a new one.

if this isn't you...then disregard that paragraph :D

hmm, sounds like we can trade off the tour duties. we're always happy to show folks around the local stuff and i haven't been to hickory in a while.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
santacruzed said:
Manimal....met u at sugar this year.......really like to meet up with you guys sometime and hit CP and Salem.....we're from hky
Kendall came out with Jeff a couple of months ago. They loved it. Just PM somebody and we can get this going...we're always riding.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
went out late this afternoon and found mike happily digging and sculpting. it was nasty muddy so i joined in on the digging and let noah ride some. super nice job on the new stuff, will be a blast when it packs in a dries. got some pics, will post in a bit.

santacruzed

Monkey
Nov 6, 2004
hickory, nc
ok.....yeah manimal....keegan was the one that you borrowed the chain tool from.....yeah.....but that would be cool.....ill just PM ya sometime when i get some time on the weekend or see a ride thread posted here.