Quantcast

Building a new Banshee AMP

fishbait

Chimp
Jul 18, 2007
New York
Ok i am 6'3" and looking to get a Banshee AMP was wondering if any tried the LONG? Also thinking of putting a Pair of Azonic Outlaws on it. How would i convert it to a singel speed? Going to run a 36-16 combo? What 16 sproket should i get and do i need a tensioner? Thanks

spec-rider88

Monkey
Oct 22, 2006
St.Leonard, MD
You shouldn't need a tensioner, since the frame has horizontal drop outs. Single speed conversion will be super easy, you just need a spacer kit and a single cog, since the Outlaws are 9spd compatible. There are a lot of companies out there that make pre-made SS conversion kits, such as DMR, Spot, and Gusset. I have one from Gusset, and it's done just fine. Never rode that frame, but it looks nice. What are you planning on doing with the bike? Good luck with the build!

fishbait

Chimp
Jul 18, 2007
New York
Mostly DJ and pump track will do some trail riding as well. Taking over to Indonesia so it will be a commuter as well. we just built a nice pump track over there and DJ are in the works! So i will get plenty of riding on her. Thanks

jarscrew

Chimp
Jul 14, 2008
Mostly DJ and pump track will do some trail riding as well. Taking over to Indonesia so it will be a commuter as well. we just built a nice pump track over there and DJ are in the works! So i will get plenty of riding on her. Thanks
Just wait to see new Banshee is ride in Indonesia...